306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wheel refurb places in Nottingham area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title says. Was flattening back my wheels yesterday and I'm no where near happy with them. Specially not for a show.
So I'd any one knows anywhere around the 25-30 pound a wheel mark then please let me know. I want them done ASAP before fcs.
Why what's up with them?
Try the wheel clinic on derby road in chesterfield I used to work for him years ago!
Been flattening them back and showing too many marks and cracks. I said I was going to do them last year but want them right before fcs and work ATM is manic.
Cracks? You been using filler?
Like I said try them, he's not usually bad!
Bit of a shame tho since you've done most of the hard work!
Used filler primer. With how long they've took me I ain't bothering. Only 1 is really bad others have storage marks on. Don't think any one would notice them but I do an they do my head in already. So I want them perfect.
Will give them a ring in morning. Got a bother couple places to try as well.

Had quotes online but they want £2-300 for them.
Don't see how you've got cracks then just using filler primer, unless you've really laced it on too thick and the primer has cracked?
Na, shouldn't charge no more than 140 really!
kent, ill do em for ya. just supply the paint.
What I think it is that I should of really took them back to metal. But I don't have electric sander or anything and I wasn't going to do them by hand.

Cheers for the offer Kingy mate but you busy doing yours and working. Plus like I said I was going to get ten done propperly next year. If these wheels really are rare then they deserve a propper job. I know somewhere that does them £100 but means I gotta take them to Newark or wait 2 weeks.

Oh and Kingy I bought another set of alloys of eBay.
Some more Aidels Smile
fucck ya then. just about done mine, just waiting to get the tyers on and even if i do say so myself they look pretty dam good. arh well, your choice.

why are you buying more wheels? aint you got enough?
Tbh 1 is perfect. One has marks where I stored it. Ones all cracked and last one has loads of marks when when flattening them back.

And I saw them on eBay with few minutes to go and they was cheap. I though if I can get them cheap enough I can use one with legal tyre as a spare and scrap the rest. But don't know yet.
Only paid £23 for them Big Grin
I don't know weather to have another go with one and do it propperly. My problem is because I don't have electric sander I didn't wanna spend the time sanding them to metal. I thought I'd get away with spraying and sanding till its level with the old paint as most of the paint came off. But it's cracked where the 2 different levels of paint is. If you get me. And the money for the powder was going to be used for a service and remap as I want more powerrrrrrrr Big Grin
Agh I see what you mean now, you've just not feathered it out enough!
Tbh mate I'd nip to Wilko/ BnQ and get a cheap as chips detail sander (small triangular head) buy some different grades of pads and start again!
They look really easy to refurb tbh because of the flat face!
If you need any painting/prep advice drop me a pm!
i did all my sanding by hand. took freekin ages.
They are very easy but tbh theres only 1 that's drastically bad. The others I can live with. I gotta get some prices though then decide.