306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: CV boot inner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bit stuck...

No one seems to be able to supply me an O/S inner CV boot. 

It's trilobal I believe officially?

Thoughts? (Other than the suggestion of cutting the trilobal bit off the old on and using with a universal new one)
Wow, who have you tried, the post office? Tongue All of my factors can supply the tri-lobals last time I checked, including peugeot (and citroen), motorparts direct, gsf, euros and Romsey motor factors (single store local independent). I can order one and post it to you if it's really that bad.
what shafts are they? not 306 I'm guessing as I've never seen that type used on them, only on the larger vans with ML boxes.
(21-11-2017, 10:21 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]what shafts are they?  not 306 I'm guessing as I've never seen that type used on them, only on the larger vans with ML boxes.

D turbo's and hdi's use them on the inner drive on the driver's side. Not sure on the petrols though.
oh I see, in that case it'd be a dealer thing, i've never seen them on a 306 myself.

part number is shown the same for both sides

servicebox peugeot is down at the moment, but looking at citroen all the BE3/4 box stuff is a round cv and anything MA is the trilobal.

looking at a C5 BE is all round again and ML is the trilobal, cross references back to xantia etc but with ME/ML boxes.

have you measured the diameter of the cv the shaft and height of the boot? that'll help massively with cross referencing.
They aren't available, even from pug/citroen. It seems only very very few diesel 306's used them on one side but there isn't a record of it. I used a ford focus one, fits well and does the job.
(23-11-2017, 12:30 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't available, even from pug/citroen. It seems only very very few diesel 306's used them on one side but there isn't a record of it. I used a ford focus one, fits well and does the job.

Great info, thankyou
Wow, seriously? I didn't think it'd been that long since I last ordered one...
think I'd sack it off for a round boot type Shaft tbh.
(24-11-2017, 11:08 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]think I'd sack it off for a round boot type Shaft tbh.

This. 

I have a spare shaft. Its round type. It's going in. Lol