306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bucket Seat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it suitable to make my own 306 sub frames or should i buy some i recently contacted Cobra as my auto style bucket seat has cobra side mounts but they completely denied selling them and i dont fancy some cheap eBay specials as i value my life and feel that i would be safer with two metal bars bolted directly to the car and drilled to match the side mounts.
Depends how good your welding is! Lots of people do because its cheaper or they can mount them lower than any off the shelf mounts can.
(20-09-2017, 11:27 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Depends how good your welding is! Lots of people do because its cheaper or they can mount them lower than any off the shelf mounts can.

I did some in my first car and all i did was make up to solid metal runners that married to the bolting holes bolted them in place sat the seat ontop where i liked it drilled and bolted the holes using a guide and that was fine even survived the car rolling 6 times lmao
(20-09-2017, 11:40 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-09-2017, 11:27 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Depends how good your welding is! Lots of people do because its cheaper or they can mount them lower than any off the shelf mounts can.

I did some in my first car and all i did was make up to solid metal runners that married to the bolting holes bolted them in place sat the seat ontop where i liked it drilled and bolted the holes using a guide and that was fine even survived the car rolling 6 times lmao

Tried and tested then. Crack on! Not sure if the seats need to adjust for MOT?
(20-09-2017, 11:49 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-09-2017, 11:40 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: [ -> ]

Tried and tested then. Crack on! Not sure if the seats need to adjust for MOT?

I will store the original for that moment I think much like the steering wheel gets put back when its time for an M.O.T