306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Polyurethane Lower Engine Mounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got two spare (new, unused apart from testing to check fit) lower engine mounts, one in the right size for the V6 engines - 65mm outer diameter:

[Image: O315RJ9.jpg]

And one in the larger 70mm size for most XU setups.

They're made from 95A shore polyurethane. but either side of the solid core is honeycombed to soften the mounts in warp and axial modes, so they're far more comfortable than a normal 85+ shore poly mount, on my V6 there's barely any more vibration than an OE mount even on a cold idle.
 The centre inserts - the solid looking part in the centre - are honeycombed internally too in a more open pattern so for small movements the mount is softer and progressively stiffens up under more movement - and other inserts are an easy push fit should you wish to have a harder/softer setup later on without removing the mount.
 Centre tubes are machined from ally billet.

£50 each including delivery
Are you going to be making any more of these mate? Also does this mean your back making some nice custom bits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I will, but not for a month or so for more of them, I'll be doing gearbox mounts and uppers to match at some point as well.
The nice thing about these is I can tailor the stiffness to your actual car use - even the main bush can be stiffened or softened both radially and axially per-customer if wanted.

I'm still working on upper strut braces too, although carbon wrapping the ends is a pain at the minute, trying some custom cast alloy pieces when I get chance.
May give you a shout in a few months then, got some baker bm ones in the 6 ATM but getting a little bored of the vibration after a couple years.

Good to hear your still doing other bits, got one of your lower braces which is still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
65mm mount sold, 70mm XU mount still available.
Still have a 70mm XU mount waiting for a home - £40 to shift it.

Also have a full set of uprated front subframe bushes for a 406 if anyone is interested. Come with 4 x plastic upper inserts, 4 x plastic lower inserts, 4 x polyurethane upper bushes, 4 x polyurethane lower bushes and 4 x billet alloy washers for the bottom.
The bottoms are complete replacements (just pop out and pop in), the uppers need the steel centre fitting from the original bush reusing - just cut or burn the old rubber off and push it into the new ones.
Also have another 65mm engine mount to suit the V6's as well in the kit:

[Image: 4xJgOte.jpg]

I'd take £130 for the lot - subframe bushes and 65mm engine mount - so basically you get the engine mount thrown in for a tenner, which is less than the material costs alone - as I want them out of the way.
I'll take the XU mount plz ripp, can you pm me the details
XU mount sold.