306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Which broadband isp are good options to look for
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basicly when I first come online I was with afew diffrent isp when dial up. Then for the last 12 years Ive been with Aol but now talktalk-aol broadband. The time has come to change my bill gone up from £15, £20 and now £25 a month. Also extra charges if over download rate to £30.

Also the cheek of it all they ring up and say well let you have it for £15 a month loyalty crap. Then a email saying first 3 months £15 then back to the £25 + £5 over charge. I soon cancel that the next day so thats solved.

Also the speed only been around 2mb roughly not the best either.

Ive got my mac code so now I just want a new broadband isp only no other package deals like tv or phone not needed.

So which ones are good to think about?

Also what have other people got?
virgin media, thats if your in a cabled area. our internet only drops out if the router needs restarting other than that we get a 31.6 Mbit download and 3.1 Mbit upload, thats on a 30 Mbit contract. fibre optic up to the green box which is over the road from us Smile
Anymore views. Popcorn
Welshy_Pete Wrote:Anymore views. Popcorn

Yeah..........read this thread..........<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3582</a><!-- l -->

since in essence it is the exact same question! :roll:
Im on Bt now and very happy with the service so far. Since swapping from Aol-talktalk to Bt I kept my connection the hole time. Also now Bt alot faster so I made a good move in the end.

Aol-talktalk were liers and wern't botherd about keeping there 12 years of customer.

I went from Aol-talktalk = £26 a month 2mb speed
Now with Bt = 3 months £9 then = £18 a month 6.5mb speed + £50 voucher and new router.

Also best of all with Bt I get to use the wireless hot spots while Im out and about and away perfect.

The bt hub 3 was so simple to setup plug it in then password etc that was it. All the best settings all done automaticly so simple.
did you ever post in my internet thread?
I'm with BT, have been for a couple of months now I get free nationwide hotspots if you travel around a bit (as I do) and the speed is relatively quick.

[Image: 2030115973.png]

Only problem is with the amount of time I'm on the computer I've been going over my download limit on the lowest package (10gb a month) was going to cost £5 extra for a 5gb block etc and thought if I'm doing that regularly it's going to cost a shitload more phoned them up and got an extra 30gb for £10 extra!
Anybody want to share some opinions on Sky Fibre Unlimited? It's looking like the best option in my area for when I move out of halls.
Im on Bt now and very happy with the service so far. Since swapping from Aol-talktalk to Bt I kept my connection the hole time. Also now Bt alot faster so I made a good move in the end.

Aol-talktalk were liers and wern't botherd about keeping there 12 years of customer.

I went from Aol-talktalk = £26 a month 2mb speed
Now with Bt = 3 months £9 then = £18 a month 6.5mb speed + £50 voucher and new router.

Also best of all with Bt I get to use the wireless hot spots while Im out and about and away perfect.

The bt hub 3 was so simple to setup plug it in then password etc that was it. All the best settings all done automaticly so simple.
Orange home broadband, we get about 1.9mb internet (0.1 less than virgin) for £17 a month with unlimited weekend/evening calls and unlimited downloads.
6.5mb? f*ck this threads a time machine, I'm back in 2001!
(08-07-2012, 10:29 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]6.5mb? f*ck this threads a time machine, I'm back in 2001!

Were I live they didnt have broadband till 2004, then upgrade alittle 2006. So from 2mb 12 years to now 6.5mb its fast to me it does the job.

(26-06-2012, 02:28 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with BT, have been for a couple of months now I get free nationwide hotspots if you travel around a bit (as I do) and the speed is relatively quick.

[Image: 2030115973.png]

Only problem is with the amount of time I'm on the computer I've been going over my download limit on the lowest package (10gb a month) was going to cost £5 extra for a 5gb block etc and thought if I'm doing that regularly it's going to cost a shitload more phoned them up and got an extra 30gb for £10 extra!

I went on the 40gb saves the worry cause 10gb not much. How do you start using the hotspots?
I ended up not bothering!

I get home at 5:30 in the evening, got a daughter on the way who will be here in 3 months and go out at weekends, I get 3G on my phone...

Trouble is, there's no fibre-optic broadband here yet. So it's £15-20 a month for line rental and a 'predicted speed' of 1.5mb. Not worth it IMO, probably not fast enough for online gaming?