306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Nurburgring trip 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Been thinking about this for a while and did mean to try and go this year but never got round to sorting it. After speaking to a few others at FCS last weekend it sounds like there could be a few other also keen on a trip to the nurburgring. Just want to gather interest at the moment and look into prices and dates etc. I guess one of the first things to be decided would be dates. I personally was thinking May as hopefully the weather won't be too bad and it's before it would get busy for the summer i guess. Prob be a 4 or 5 day trip so sound have a good couple of full days at the ring.

When i get spare time or if anyone else has already looked into it a bit more can try and get a rough idea of costs for things. If we get a decent group would be good to all go a place together and shouldn't cost too much.

I know a few others have been before so any advise people have for a trip like this is much appreciated. Open to ideas and suggestions!

I'll start a list of people i know have said they are pretty keen for it. Feel free to add to the list if you are up for it.

1. Frosty 
2. MY95 
3. Orta 
4. 7057sam
(18-07-2017, 06:36 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]1. Frosty 
2. MY95 
3. Orta 
4. 7057sam
5. Hobo Ash

Id love to come to this  Big Grin This would however be my first track experience (yes i know ive lived a sheltered life!) so would you advise i got some practice in before driving round that at 10 miles an hour?
1. Frosty
2. MY95
3. Orta
4. 7057sam
5. Hobo Ash
6. Sam

Ive put my name down as im interested but obviously depends on dates etc.

estimates taken from a 2014 306oc thread...

Camping: (£15pppn) £45
Ferry tickets: £100
Fuel: £180 diesel, £300 petrol (Assuming ~1,500 miles @ average 50derv/30perv mpg; (miles/mpg)*6.13=£XXX)
Laps: 4 laps for £85
Food and drink: £20pp/day = £80
Travel insurance: £20
Random spending: £100

Total cost shouldn't be much more than £700 each.

Costing based on current exchange rate and official listed prices, assuming one person and one car on a four day trip, out monday, back thursday, dover-dunkirke.
Ok cheers Sam, have to see what people would rather do either camp or get a house/lodge to stay in for the few days. Thnk Bates said he had looked into it a bit. Also either Ferry or Train, dunno if theres much difference in prices.
Train is about an hour faster. I think the boat maybe saves £20.
(19-07-2017, 06:39 AM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Ok cheers Sam, have to see what people would rather do either camp or get a house/lodge to stay in for the few days. Thnk Bates said he had looked into it a bit. Also either Ferry or Train, dunno if theres much difference in prices.

Yeah i did but with out dates its abit hard to get solid price but on a 7 person lodge it was like 90 each for 3 nights in may/june. 

Im doing some more research atm.

Maybe do a poll for dates and see what people can/can't do.
Defo up for this. May is good for me, but I'm flex on that. I'd prefer to not camp, but again flex on that. A house share would be good as it'd give us the warmth and space but let us save a bit of money by cooking for ourselves.

I can't recommend the train over the ferry more. It's a really good service and is usually sub £50 each way.

Not massively bothered about doing loads of laps, it's more about the experience itself for me. Happy going mid week, as the circuit will be quieter. But again I'm easy on all details
tbh £90 for three nights is decent. remember camping is at least £15pn per tent if not per person and wont be nice if its terrible.
Yeah i defo think a house/lodge is the way to go, after driving all them miles we will want a decent nights sleep. Plus if we good a decent amount of people it won't be too expensive.
Thought id look how far away the ring is from home, this is obviously a direct route, but its only 420 miles! I hadn't realised it was so close, ive been to Scotland twice and that was 503 miles and 670 so itl be a breeze driving to Germany Smile
May is good for me, il get my road triangle ready ThumbsUp
Anyone know when the dates for 2018 get released?
Don't think there were many May TF days this year, so June might be better

I'm hoping there is some May dates as organising something for the Essex group early May

I've been train and ferry, train all the way, much more flexibility in timings.
Drive the other side is a nice 4-5hr cruise. Around the Brussels ring road, down past Spa, Prum and through the forest
House share a great idea
Yeah I've gotten to Germany quicker than Inverness before.

So as soon as the 2018 dates come up for the 'Ring let's get dates agreed set, money paid and it sorted :-)
I'd be interested depending on dates and getting the grand or so I'd need together as I reckon that Sams 2014 calculations will be out due to the worse exchange rate and 4 years worth of inflation which is approaching 10%.

Just a thought, as most of us are petrol owners would a ferry from Harwich-Holland not be a nicer option, less driving so less fuel costs as I'll do less than 30mpg for the trip.
(20-07-2017, 04:39 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be interested depending on dates and getting the grand or so I'd need together as I reckon that Sams 2014 calculations will be out due to the worse exchange rate and 4 years worth of inflation which is approaching 10%.

Just a thought, as most of us are petrol owners would a ferry from Harwich-Holland not be a nicer option, less driving so less fuel costs as I'll do less than 30mpg for the trip.

I talked to a guy at work who does it every other years on his bike.he reckons he does whole thing on 500 max.obvously depends on how many laps you have and quality of accommodation.
I think you can go cheap as chips. Use ferries, go at funny times, camp, cook all your own food. But FFS I'm on holiday! I'm not splitting hairs on a few quid. Happy to go with whatever the group decides tho

It will probably be about £300 in fuel tho for us petrol boys.

It's a 1000 mile round trip, plus let's say 500 miles for laps, getting lost, excursions etc. So 1500 divided by 30mpg = 50 gallons, times by 4.5 is 225 litres times that by say £1.30 a litre is £292
(20-07-2017, 10:42 AM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I've gotten to Germany quicker than Inverness before.

So as soon as the 2018 dates come up for the 'Ring let's get dates agreed set, money paid and it sorted :-)

Any idea when they release the info for track availability for next year? We can't really do too much until we know them dates i guess.

We can get a rough idea of prices etc for all the bits though.
Just for a rough idea of some prices etc i'll just selected the dates 14th to the 17th May

Just to give you a rough idea of accommodation prices, this is the one cully stayed at when he went with a group of people https://www.lindner.de/en/nuerburgring-d...lcome.html

It's pretty close to the circuit and for 8 people in one apartment it's 693 euros. So less than 100 each which i dont think its too bad. That's the price at the moment so i guess it could well change.

Theres a few others here in the link with a varity of prices https://www.booking.com/searchresults.en...ack_BHKF=1

And for the train they don't have the info for dates all up to May next year yet but others have said think its about £50 each way. I personally think train will be the better option than ferry.
Yeah I appreciate you could do it on £500 or less (most bikes do close to 50mpg on a run). TBH you could do it on under £300 if you took a packed lunch (£5) got the earliest ferry in the morning for £40, drove all the way at 60mph (I can scrape 40mpg then) so that would be a tank there a tank back and 2 gallons a lap. £50ish for 2 laps then get the last ferry of the night home for another £40 or worst case scenario sleep in the car at the ferry port waiting for the first ferry.

However as Orta says it's a holiday so I'm going to be eating out (giggity) staying somewhere nice, having a load of bevvies buying souvenirs and also I won't be averaging 30mpg with the opportunity of autobhans and track time
Yeah i totally agree with you chris. It can be done on the cheap but this will be a holiday for most people. I have put this thread up now so we can get a bit of a discussion going and we can all start saving up some money.

I reckon its pretty much
£100 for train/ferry whichever we decide
£100 for 3 nights accommodation
Fuel will vary with everyone i would imagine be somewhere around £200-300 at a guess for most
25 euros per ring lap
Then you got however much you want to spend on food and souvenirs etc
Breakdown/travel insurance? Not sure on this

I reckon we could have a decent time for around £600-700 ish each. Plus could be cheaper if anyone has a passenger and splits fuel costs.
I'll keep an eye on this. If it turns out you guys are going, I can probably meet you there. Would be fun.
I'm up for this Frosty! I stayed at Hotel am Tiergarten when I went http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/rooms-nuerburgring (it's Sabine Schmitz's parents hotel). Can remember what it cost but the breakfasts were good, it's really close to the track and had parking for lots of cars.

We took an overnight ferry from Portsmouth I think because it was cheaper but mostly it meant we could get on the beers.

ps. we went just as the 24hr race was ending so we got a day of seeing how the pros did it before having a go ourselves - not sure if that fits in with timings but it was good to watch.
Ok ideal cheers Matt. I'll have a look into that hotel as well.
Love how this is actually coming together. I think 4-6 is an ideal number, anymore and it's gonna get difficult to convoy and the group is more likely to cliche off instead of being a cohesive unit.

Not sure when the 2018 dates are out but you are right we're pretty much stuck until they're released. Maybe it's worth emailing them if there's a contact us? I'll take a look tomorrow if I get chance.
Just had an email back from them the 2018 dates won't be released until January. How about we use the 2017 dates as a rough guide ?
(23-07-2017, 10:50 AM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]Just had an email back from them the 2018 dates won't be released until January. How about we use the 2017 dates as a rough guide ?

Ok, yeah we can use them as a rough guide but i guess we don't want to book anything till we know for definate when the ring is open?
Up for it depending on dates.
This for any member? Just I've never met any of you guys and you's were talking about sharing a house over there. I'm totally up for it whatever the dates!
(27-07-2017, 01:45 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: [ -> ]This for any member? Just I've never met any of you guys and you's were talking about sharing a house over there. I'm totally up for it whatever the dates!

Yeah anyone is welcome to come, not sure what size group is a good number but doesn't hurt to have too many people. Will try and keep everyone updated.
Its harder to convoy in a big group but no issue if we split into two. FCS was good as always and there were probably ten of us around the fire.
(27-07-2017, 01:45 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: [ -> ]This for any member? Just I've never met any of you guys and you's were talking about sharing a house over there. I'm totally up for it whatever the dates!

We can drive down together mate as I live just outside Newcastle, would be nice to convoy with someone as I always drive down to events alone haha.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5