306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Heater Controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know what's going on here, if I turn the head lights on the 2 bulbs in the heater controls light up but the air con button and recirculating button don't and the auto climate control knob doesn't work either. Does anybody know what's going on as I assumed if it was a fuse/no power getting to the control the 2 backlight bulbs wouldn't work?
Check all the fuses (there's 5 that effect the heater control)
Do the fan speeds work?
No the fan doesn't come on no matter where it's at, I've got a feeling I'm gonna have to acquire a multimeter (something which I should have bought considering I've had a few french cars haha!) and just test everything and eliminate. Just thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone's had similar problems and could point me straight to the potential fault. Fuses are fine also
The control unit circuit board sounds faulty to me then.
The backlights are fed from their own pin in the plug where as the led's are powered through the circuit.
I've tried a spare unit which didn't work either, unless that's broke too haha!
ever since my heater matrix was done the knobs have been stiff and the lights havent worked. Must be a plug somewhere but I havent had time to investigate. :'(
I'm honestly so stumped by it Eeyore, awaiting a multimeter arriving that I've ordered so I can go over it again and see what's not working, hopefully that'll tell me what the issue is
Was this fixed with the relay you had to replace?
Yeah the relay fixed it Tommie
(21-10-2017, 01:20 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the relay fixed it Tommie

Just checking as these are a common fault but think you commented on another one of my posts.
(27-10-2017, 11:04 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: [ -> ]

Just checking as these are a common fault but think you commented on another one of my posts.

Yeah I think I did, had my head baffled for a while, can’t believe it was such a simple fix but glad at the same time
(27-10-2017, 11:46 PM)Chris HDI Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah I think I did, had my head baffled for a while, can’t believe it was such a simple fix but glad at the same time

Dont worry i visually checked mine followed by ripping everything out and still not noticing so replaced everything else and then the relay  Rofl Rofl Rofl
(30-10-2017, 07:20 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: [ -> ]

Dont worry i visually checked mine followed by ripping everything out and still not noticing so replaced everything else and then the relay  Rofl Rofl Rofl

Now that’s a nightmare ??
(31-10-2017, 10:50 AM)Chris HDI Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2017, 07:20 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: [ -> ]

Now that’s a nightmare ??

Wasnt my brightest moment  Rofl Nospeak Itwasntme
I saw the post now, but on mine was the earth wire on the actual plug on the heater controls had to pull another earth to it. fan didn't worked either.

But at least you solved it with the relay !
(26-05-2017, 10:03 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]ever since my heater matrix was done the knobs have been stiff

Bah same issue, temperature knob will not go all the way to hot, gets stuck at 90 percent.
Hi Lads, Have a phase one that´s suddenly gone cold with a dead heater/blower - exactly the same symptoms as ChrisHDI´s car. Where is this famous relay that should be replaced?

Also, the wipers have started playing up (not parking, no intermittent wipe etc.,) and I believe having seen a guy on youtube explain the same problem on his Ph-1 that this is a relay as well.

I´m not going to start pulling anything apart unless I know what I´m doing! Blush
(28-12-2017, 10:13 AM)PaulOH Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lads, Have a phase one that´s suddenly gone cold with a dead heater/blower - exactly the same symptoms as ChrisHDI´s car. Where is this famous relay that should be replaced?

Also, the wipers have started playing up (not parking, no intermittent wipe etc.,) and I believe having seen a guy on youtube explain the same problem on his Ph-1 that this is a relay as well.

I´m not going to start pulling anything apart unless I know what I´m doing! Blush

Do a search for a Phase 1 fusebox/relay layout as they differ to the phase 2 and 3 layouts and find which relay controls the heaters in the Phase 1. Or you could just go under your steering wheel and pull out each relay 1 by 1 and check them. Also whilst you’re there, check all fuses. Hope this helps.
"Also, the wipers have started playing up (not parking, no intermittent wipe etc.,) and I believe having seen a guy on youtube explain the same problem on his Ph-1 that this is a relay as well."

you may have a broken/burned contact inside the wiper motor.

try these;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa4jv8FvjAQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ww5-pmiokc

[attachment=31206]
Thankyou, this is very useful.

The heater has come back on...

..... maybe so will the wipers.

Does this happen a lot with these motors?
(05-01-2018, 08:57 PM)PaulOH Wrote: [ -> ]Thankyou, this is very useful.

The heater has come back on...

..... maybe so will the wipers.

Does this happen a lot with these motors?

only if water gets inside, mainly due to blocked drainage hole below it.
I wish the wiper arms on our 306 would come off that easy !!

This weeks bag of sweets.
Wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I’m having, my heater blower also isint working tried the basics

Fuses
12v to the blower
New resistor 

Still no luck, had the multi meter out and there’s now power to blower plugs or the plug at the resistor, been searching for weeks to try find what relay is for the heaters but I can’t find anything does anyone have any thoughts on the problem and what relay is for the blower?
(18-03-2018, 01:08 AM)Dturbo john Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I’m having, my heater blower also isint working tried the basics

Fuses
12v to the blower
New resistor 

Still no luck, had the multi meter out and there’s now power to blower plugs or the plug at the resistor, been searching for weeks to try find what relay is for the heaters but I can’t find anything does anyone have any thoughts on the problem and what relay is for the blower?

Have you tested that the blower motor actually works? Try bench testing it