306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hissing Noise From Break Pedal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Soooo,

As Far As Im Aware There Is A Little Red Valve That Often Shoots Off Or Falls Off And This Creates The Hissing But I Think I May Be Wrong There Is Only A Slight Hissing When On Stand Still But Under Acceleration It Follows What Im Guessing Is Boost The Faster I Go The Louder It Gets.

Any Ideas, Or A Fix.

Thanks In Advance.
It'll be the servo leaking, is it definitely coming from the passenger compartment side of the bulkhead? I've not heard of that valve, but sounds like it's worth a look for an easy fix.
(28-04-2017, 06:08 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be the servo leaking, is it definitely coming from the passenger compartment side of the bulkhead? I've not heard of that valve, but sounds like it's worth a look for an easy fix.

Clueless to how you got passenger side lol but what i was told correct or not There is a one way valve, this tends to come free or stuck open when under hard breaking. I Am Yet To Rip up carpets and very very unwilling to do a while break servo change will keep this thread updated with my findings.
(28-04-2017, 07:38 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-04-2017, 06:08 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be the servo leaking, is it definitely coming from the passenger compartment side of the bulkhead?

Clueless to how you got passenger side lol but what i was told correct or not There is a one way valve, this tends to come free or stuck open when under hard breaking. I Am Yet To Rip up carpets and very very unwilling to do a while break servo change will keep this thread updated with my findings.

What he means is inside the car, not passenger side
Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Yeah that. As opposed to engine bay side.

The carpet is like any other component - will come out/go back in fine and won't be any different to how you started. Well, so long as you don't remove it with fire and a lever bar lol.
sounds like a dead servo, bit of a bastard on a 306, nuts from cabin side onto studs coming through the pedal box.
Had to drop the engine off the mounts when I done my servo. Not a nice job
(24-04-2017, 09:06 AM)TommiePuglet Wrote: [ -> ]Soooo,

As Far As Im Aware There Is A Little Red Valve That Often Shoots Off Or Falls Off And This Creates The Hissing But I Think I May Be Wrong There Is Only A Slight Hissing When On Stand Still But Under Acceleration It Follows What Im Guessing Is Boost The Faster I Go The Louder It Gets.

Any Ideas, Or A Fix.

Thanks In Advance.

I got the same problem you have to change the servo it's the only way to fix the problem.