306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: How rare? Full leathers for 3dr 306.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had this motor in at work and just wondering how common full leathers are in a 306? 

To let a cat out of the bag i have bought back my old cherry hdi dturbo and will be tidying it up to sell on, thinking of putting these leathers in but would it actually increase its value? 

Almost a shame to scrap this as its so tidy! but its only an Xsi 

[Image: IMG_2758_zps4k1gw7de.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2756_zpsbvgu765e.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2757_zpsblbqfl2b.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2759_zps8shi7kjz.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2760_zpslhbjjczb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2762_zpsrwgmuk53.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2761_zpsw7ev9ti2.jpg]
Very f*cking rare thats how rare! Optinal extra i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rocking horse shit mate.. especially in that good a condition,

i have a search saved on ebay and the only time i seen one was a year ago and it looked like a dog had mauled the drivers seat
(21-04-2017, 01:57 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Very f*cking rare thats how rare! Optinal extra i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your saying the words i wanna hear Big Grin should be worth fitting them then.

(21-04-2017, 01:57 PM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]Rocking horse shit mate.. especially in that good a condition,

i have a search saved on ebay and the only time i seen one was a year ago and it looked like a dog had mauled the drivers seat

Yeah at first i thought they were cabby seats but noticed the split rear bench Smile
Possible they came from overseas, believe they were more common in France but near nonexistent over here
[Image: service%20box_zpsyyhykhyv.png]

Anyone able to decipher this to see if they were factory optional extra from new?
if you open the other tabs possibly
We have them in some French models like the "griffe" version which is normally a fully spec model that comes at the end of the sale cycle of the car. We had at least 205s, 405s and 306s griffe over there.
A really good find, and quite rare.
Should have no trouble making a drink out of them.

I personally hate full leather, it is too cold in winter and too hot in summer.
Was originally the standard fare of the underclasses who had to actually drive the vehicle.
In the passenger compartment in the back would have been silk and lace and all things nice.
Leather was for the driver as his seat did not have the luxury of a roof so had to last in all weather.

It is now considered luxury.
i'd just sell them on, not bother fitting to a car to increase value Smile
I imagine they are pretty rare but putting them in another 306 won't increase the value of it that much i would of thought unless the buyer really knows how rare they are. Better off selling them just on there own to get more money i would of thought.
(21-04-2017, 07:32 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine they are pretty rare but putting them in another 306 won't increase the value of it that much i would of thought unless the buyer really knows how rare they are. Better off selling them just on there own to get more money i would of thought.

what Frosty said, especially as it's what i said too Tongue
I'd agree with that too. They will fetch a good one or two hundred on their own, I doubt they'd make an HDI 150 quid more expensive.
on the other hand leather is wipe clean.. so you can go dogging without worrying about stains!
(22-04-2017, 12:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-04-2017, 07:32 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine they are pretty rare but putting them in another 306 won't increase the value of it that much i would of thought unless the buyer really knows how rare they are. Better off selling them just on there own to get more money i would of thought.

Haha yeah good point, i didn't read your comment.
Yep super rare.

And as said worth more just on their own!
(22-04-2017, 06:44 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2017, 12:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]

Haha yeah good point, i didn't read your comment.

Great minds think alike mate Smile
Worth more in terms of sentimental rarity in one of your other 306s?
Interested in selling the XSI?
With seats in
Well my fathers 306 estate/break is a griffe model and comes with them standard

I have a S16 and it comes with full leather seats but i think all of S16 and GTi6 have them, or they are an option over the half leather ones ?

But I live outside of UK so I don't know much xD
(23-04-2017, 12:20 PM)Silky Wrote: [ -> ]Interested in selling the XSI?
With seats in

Already been COD'd sorry dude under police contract so cant be sold on complete. Smile

Cheers for the replies guys. I realise they would always be worth more on their own but the idea is because the gti half leathers already in the dturbo are pretty knackered.
Very rare in a 3 door, not so rare in a cabriolet.
(24-04-2017, 07:31 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2017, 12:20 PM)Silky Wrote: [ -> ]Interested in selling the XSI?
With seats in

Already been COD'd sorry dude under police contract so cant be sold on complete. Smile

Cheers for the replies guys. I realise they would always be worth more on their own but the idea is because the gti half leathers already in the dturbo are pretty knackered.

when you take out the half leathers i got dibs on that little latch thing