306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Strange vibration.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, this is my first post and quite a weird one. I've recently dropped my car on coilover suspension and had the rear torsion bar lowered. I drove back 60 miles after having the torsion bar lowered no problem, but when I got back home I adjusted the front to go pretty low. As soon as I took it out for a test drive I noticed the car is vibrating violently under acceleration, the gearstick looks as though it's alive it's shaking so much. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how low is it now? Have you had the tracking done afterwards?

First off definitely check nothing is rubbing.
(20-04-2017, 08:01 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]how low is it now? Have you had the tracking done afterwards?

First off definitely check nothing is rubbing.

[Image: e9d8d3dace9f0d0c2f00cc959980134b.jpg]
This is how low the front is. Tracking is booked in for Saturday. Do you think I'm better off going down there today and getting it done?

might want to get some tyres that fit the rims
(20-04-2017, 08:11 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]might want to get some tyres that fit the rims

Personal taste, don't like it don't say anything.

dont like the comment dont post the pictures!
(20-04-2017, 08:15 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]dont like the comment dont post the pictures!

[attachment=29695]
Love the car, even if it does upset the 'purists'

shinny! Smile
well i think it looks good. Was it just the lowering and coilovers that were fitted? Not new wheels or tyres or anything?

If the only thing that has changed between good and bad is lowering the front then it still points to tracking. Tbh id get it done as soon as possible if you can just to see if it fixes it and to avoid the risk of it being some other potentially large issue that we havent thought of yet.

How far did you drop it on the front between it being fine and vibrating? Another 30-40mm?
(20-04-2017, 09:23 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]well i think it looks good. Was it just the lowering and coilovers that were fitted? Not new wheels or tyres or anything?

If the only thing that has changed between good and bad is lowering the front then it still points to tracking. Tbh id get it done as soon as possible if you can just to see if it fixes it and to avoid the risk of it being some other potentially large issue that we havent thought of yet.

How far did you drop it on the front between it being fine and vibrating? Another 30-40mm?

Yes it was about another 30-40mm, the wheels where on before the coilovers where fitted so I can't see it being them. I'm wondering if it's a driveshaft of just tracking

Ooooh, I hope my 5-door looks as good as that when I've finished tidying it up ......apart from the wheels/tyres that is! Not my thing but plenty on here who mod their cars will no doubt like them.
tracking would be the place to start as thats a big drop. I know after i put my my 30mm springs on it handled like rubbish and was pretty scary to drive. being super low and dropping 40mm that could well be the issue.
Did you take the wheels off in order to lower it? If so, are all the bolts tight, is the wheel sat right on the hub flange, do those wheels have the correct centre bore? Failing that, have a check of your driveshafts.