306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: DT Air box fitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it appears to be getting more and more difficult to get a standard airbox for the GTi6 or getting one that hasn't rusted away.

The ones for the 1.9 D look similar but not identical, but are made out of plastic so no rust issues. I believe they do take the same sized filter element as a GTi though. From pictures alone it looks like it should fit with a 90 degree silicon or something for the cold air intake side, OEM TB intake hose looks like it should just fit the filtered air side

Thoughts? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Peugeo...SwgQ9VsjND
all the dt filter boxes ive seen have been steel and just as rusty
One in the link above is plastic, all the other brand new ones ive seen are plastic too
Are they not plastic with a metal base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possibly, but I can't tell from the picture and it doesn't state. Either way it's a brand new Peugeot item, I've seen them as cheap as £35-38 posted. Currently a rusty GTI6 airbox on ebay is £50 collected albeit it's the only one on there
The one on lus that i pulled off a scrapper we had. Is all plastic. including bottom
(16-03-2017, 03:23 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]So it appears to be getting more and more difficult to get a standard airbox for the GTi6 or getting one that hasn't rusted away.

The ones for the 1.9 D look similar but not identical, but are made out of plastic so no rust issues. I believe they do take the same sized filter element as a GTi though. From pictures alone it looks like it should fit with a 90 degree silicon or something for the cold air intake side, OEM TB intake hose looks like it should just fit the filtered air side

Thoughts? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Peugeo...SwgQ9VsjND

Thank you. They do take the same element.
Np, let me know how you get on if you get one, will probably get one myself to try soon
Ph1 are all metal , Ph2 are plastic... From what I seen anyways.
Assuming they don't make the PH1 boxes any more/they're out of stock now? Don't suppose anyone knows the inlet size for the DT box if they have one lying around? Believe the '6 intake piping is 76mm