306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Turbo on 1.6 NFZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Im new to this forum.
What do you think of putting turbo on this engine, can it handle 0.5 bar of boost. I thing it will came good because this engine is hard to brake, I drive it everyday on rpm above 3-4k on lpg, going drag racing and doind other stuff with it and it still runs perfectly without eating oil. I think it will handle with no problem turbo on 0.5/0.6 bar. I will change gaskets with metal ones, getting new exhaust manifold from my buddy for cheap making adapor pipe for the turbo to bolt on the original manifold. Getting FMU controller, manual boost controller, blow off and turbo lpg reducer, my lpg injectors are from 2.0 mi16 they will handle the power, for intake manifold, I maybe leave my stock or find from 106 1.3 rallye metal one  Huh  Smile 
What do you think, and sorry for my english
Hi Dndi, yes the NFZ engine can be turbocharged, there have been lots of examples, the list of parts you have looks ok, i have no idea about LPG though, Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JqfRTsUZiM

a friend of mine from my AX days, his is the grey car in the left lane, at the time he was running a basically stock VTR with Garrett Turbo at 10psi, shortly after he upgraded to a larger turbo, decompression pistons and custom inlet, and now he's running a 1.8 VTS 16v engine with a Garrett variable turbo (can't remember which atm)
(24-02-2017, 09:35 AM)John1.4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dndi, yes the NFZ engine can be turbocharged, there have been lots of examples, the list of parts you have looks ok, i have no idea about LPG though, Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JqfRTsUZiM

a friend of mine from my AX days, his is the grey car in the left lane, at the time he was running a basically stock VTR with Garrett Turbo at 10psi, shortly after he upgraded to a larger turbo, decompression pistons and custom inlet, and now he's running a 1.8 VTS 16v engine with a Garrett variable turbo (can't remember which atm)

Thanks for the reply, Time will show I'm starting the project at the end of the year Smile