306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: sump guards (not sure where to post)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why would you want one unless youre rallying? Makes it more difficult to work on and when you drop things in the bay it wont fall through D:
I helped prep a car last year sometime for a rally event thing where they were driving through russia where there were no roads. They used a big 30mph sign cut and bent to size. Looked like it would work a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First one looks like a standard plastic tray made from steel?
I wouldn't. but those who are low, and have road humps where they live - - -
Sump guards are pretty useful for track cars not just rallying. Improve aerodynamics and protect delicate parts when riding up corners. Also very handy if you go off into a gravel trap. Don't necessarily need a steel one if weight is an issue, 6mm lexan does just fine or aluminium
Also handy for containing oil / conrods when engine explodes / saves making massive mess all over the track / public road....
(12-02-2017, 09:48 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't. but those who are low, and have road humps where they live - - -

Fit sump guard, bolt in cabide cutting tips. Shave speedbumps.
(12-02-2017, 04:08 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2017, 09:48 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't. but those who are low, and have road humps where they live - - -

Just drive a steamroller, it flattens the speedbumps right out.
(12-02-2017, 04:08 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]

I like that one! Rofl