306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Intermittent Clock / Temp Display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My clock and temperature display is intermittent. It's either working as it should or off (although I'm sure I can very faintly see something when looking closely).

It can ALWAYS be resolved with a sharp thump to the side of the centre unit. This has been happening for a few years now but finally decided I should do something about it.

Anyone experienced this and know what I might need to do? Also, I've never taken my centre unit apart so no idea where to start pulling/prying. Is there any guides on here?
(13-01-2017, 10:46 AM)stevesmiff Wrote: [ -> ]My clock and temperature display is intermittent. It's either working as it should or off (although I'm sure I can very faintly see something when looking closely).

It can ALWAYS be resolved with a sharp thump to the side of the centre unit. This has been happening for a few years now but finally decided I should do something about it.

Anyone experienced this and know what I might need to do? Also, I've never taken my centre unit apart so no idea where to start pulling/prying. Is there any guides on here?

The cheapest and best thing to try first changing the time temp clock unit also change bulb.
Sounds like a dodgy connection on the bulb. Take it out and have a play, maybe even replace the bulb. See how that plays out before replacing the unit.
change the lamps in the panel first!
Yep, it'll be the lamps. The filaments on the lamp is broken and making contact intermittently.
Thanks all. I'll have a look at the lamps then. Any guide on getting the panel off without breaking everything (I'm a bit heavy handed)?
prise off the lower section with the clock behind,
then undo the two screws to remove the clock,
lamps are on the back twist and pull,