306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ice smashes car windscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mmWv6pgBQg

Amazing that it was caught on camera D:
Ouch! Quite a restrained driver, I would have been expressing my displeasure all the way to the hard shoulder
ohh i wouldve had a few choice words about that. i wouldve also attempted to move out the way/stop as well though
This is why people should make sure all Ice/snow is clean off the roof of their car. To prevent this happening to some poor bastard! The mount of cars I have seen in the past with snow etc still on is unreal!
Amounts to criminal damage or some sort of offence, doesn't it? Driving without due care even?
Yeah you can be fined in UK for not clearing your car of snow and ice. Not sure if enforced though.

He/she was amazingly calm ThumbsUp
People really don't know how to winter
(30-12-2016, 07:22 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Amounts to criminal damage or some sort of offence, doesn't it? Driving without due care even?
You could argue that it is Criminal Damage as there is an element where you can be reckless as to whether your actions would cause the damage however it is much more likely that a ticket for insecure load would be issued, I have a feeling it's a standard non endorsable fine.

(30-12-2016, 08:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you can be fined in UK for not clearing your car of snow and ice. Not sure if enforced though.
It gets enforced as much as any other road traffic law, ie barely at all LOL
(31-12-2016, 11:52 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-12-2016, 08:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you can be fined in UK for not clearing your car of snow and ice. Not sure if enforced though.

down to budget no doubt.
(31-12-2016, 03:53 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-12-2016, 11:52 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]

down to budget no doubt.

The police don't get any of the money back from fines in this country like they do in others (although they do make money off driver improvement courses) so yeah pretty much. If the police got the fines back they could have loads of traffic cops as they'd pretty much pay for themselves.
Yea but if they did that the public would go f*cking nuts, all the police would be sat in cars dishing out tickets to the tax paying public while all the chav scumbags continue to roam the streets un-checked.
yeah thats true.. i would HATE to see the police forces replace traffic cameras with police cars to catch all the drunk crackheads driving dangerous uninsured sheds around at the speed limit...