306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: GI smooth grilles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi fellas, just gauging interest here, but I have two spare grilles in my possession, one phase 1 and one phase 2/3.

I will be smoothing these in my spare time using fibreglass and Isopon, topping with filler primer and finally white primer ready to for paint.

If anyone's interested, I would be asking for £40 delivered for either of them in this condition. Let me know and i'll get to work.
I'd definitely be interested in the ph3 one, have you got any pics? How do yet resist to cracking with this method?

Cheers
The one on my sundance lasted perfectly well but sold that on, last I heard it was still going strong.

The way i've been doing them is to cut out the middle, fibreglass the rough shape and apply a SMALL amount of filler over the top. The less filler used the better!
Mine had a wire mesh applied in the cutout, then fiberglass then filler, bloody top job! Cost me £1 Big Grin
£1? Feck that, i'd want some return for my efforts lol
Yeah, £1 sounds good, ill take 5 mate Wink

Lemme see what the bank manager says.

What turnaround time you looking at on these?
Going to pick up materials on Saturday and get to work so should be good to go by Monday or Tuesday Smile
Ah, Ill pass then, sorry mate, too far away from payday.

Should stop being lazy and do it myself, but for £40 thats a bargain!

I daresay someone will rip your arm off...
lol I'll be smoothing it anyway mate, if it's not shifted and you get paid let me know
Gent, cheers buddy Smile
Got it for £1, some mirrors £1 and other bits £1 each. Sweden on .net had a £1 clear out lol
I may be interested in a ph3.
I would be interested in a phase 1 grill I just don't have the money lol
Definitely interested in the phase 3!
Possibly going to pick up the stuff to make these today, skint though as don't get paid til Friday so may hold off for another week, unless someone wants one quickly?
I will definitely take one mate.
You have one already! lol
And he's trying to sell his car?! lol
It's for a friend.
lol i'm getting to work on it when I get paid so should be done this weekend all being well

Any preference on primer colour?
His car is blaze so whatever you think is best?

Btw thinking of keeping the 306 and whacking a fast road cam in it...
Not sure then, will do it white as can always be painted over, was just thinking i'd save him a job
spray it Sigma for me and i'll give you 40 quid for it at FCS . . .Big Grin

i know you have the paint kicking around . . . ninja
I can get paint, but what shade of sigma? lol

Presume you mean the phase 1 aye?
cwspellowe Wrote:Not sure then, will do it white as can always be painted over, was just thinking i'd save him a job

Ok mate sounds good. Thanks!
How have you got on with this mate?
Coming on good mate, got one of each to be finished this weekend. Can pick up anOther grille if you want another but would need an extra fiver to get it from scrappies?
Ok well my mate is still interested in one. If you pm me when you have one done, then I will sort out payment! Is that cool?
Yeah that's cool, might be easier to just collect at FCS? Next couple of days will be manic as need to get my car MOT'd and Xav's rear beam lowered, and working Weds/Thurs.
I won't be at FCS, my mate is in no rush so after will be fine! Pm me when you Are doing one!
Pages: 1 2