306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Removing Door Key Barrel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys when dec bought my doors we never swapped the locks over and with the 1.4 being scrapped very soon i need to get the locks out of the doors. There seems to be a plastic plate on the inside of the door that makes it hard to get to but i cant see anything holding it on!

Help! lol
I need to look into this too, my driver's door one is seized and won't work properly.
there is a "U" shaped, sprung metal plate that holds it in place by sliding into groves on either side of the barrel, I have pics somewhere if you want me to have a look Smile

Edit........also found this - <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1085&hilit=door+lock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1085&hilit=door+lock</a><!-- l --> whistle
That plastic plate pulls off. Not needed. Rip that off and hey presto it's all there the c shape bit could come from either side my door had it pushed in from the left, new door from the right.
MTFU! I have no lock on my car that corresponds to the key.

Probably something i should sort out to be fair....
Yeah its easy enough just try not to drop the metal clamp down the doors, i stuffed a tea towel inside the door to catch it
ok cheers guys! and cheers mark! I knew there was a thread about it somewhere but search didnt find anything! Will try this tomorrow most probably. Doesnt particularly matter if i loose the C clip as its going to teh scrappers anyway. Just needs decs locks off these old doors of his so he doesnt have to use different keys for entering and starting his car!