306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Coaling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is it that kid's think it looks good.

To me excessive smoke makes a car look broken.
it is broken.

or very poorly tuned.

same as those kids with the rev limiters or the lady gardens that turn the ignition off on carbed cars to make bangs.
erm im not sure. i did occasinally find it satisfying to "coal" the odd dickish bmw driver though. apart from that it seemed almost pointless to do it. when driven properly my old xud never coaled and blew clean on boost. its bad for the pre cups cause of the mass heat.
For some reason people think spending money on making cars worse than standard is cool, hence "stance".
i mean im not saying its wrong. each to there own to everyone's different in this world. as long as they arent bugging anyone leave them all to it lol
I coal(ed), but i coal because of limitations with the injection mapping on standard injectors on a 175bhp map with a larger turbo.. (if you want me to go into specifics i would)..

It was one of the things however i would have ironed out (will iron out in the next project) as it wasnt ideal, either for the back of my car or EGTs.. mine wasnt chronic however

it was fun however having an anti-tailgating device deployable on demand (at least until the turbo spooled)
I try not be an arse about coaling, try and keep it to a minimum

although if someone is right up my bumper ...
(01-12-2016, 10:57 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]I try not be an arse about coaling, try and keep it to a minimum

although if someone is right up my bumper ...

what Tom said ^^^^^^ 100% Smile
Coaling is bad.....

Coaling is pointless.....

Coaling....pft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbpN4XnJg48
I do miss being able to sling it into a high gear at a low speed & coal tailgaters.

I am very much a 'Do what makes you happy' person though, be it coal, stance, whatever. Nothing is 'wrong' with doing something you like.

If we all had the same taste, it would be a very boring world!
My 306 hdi has a pretty heavy stage 1 map which has had two dynos say its running 135hp.

As above it can be a good laugh to just floor it when you have a smug audi driver behind you and give it a nice coating of black dust  Rofl