306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Old Xantia estate...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats a rusty old Xantia XUD estate worth? Failed MOT 18 months ago, got welded up on the sills and then just sat around and never got retested... Needs a wheel bearing and a CV boot for MOT. Owned by a mates dad from new.

But. It's got the good old Xantia manifold, a Bosch pump, never been messed with. Was thinking about either:
a) Pull the engine and box out of it for if/when I get a Phase 1 (fingers crossed my old Bianca). Scrap the rest.
b) running it as a DervBus until I get said Phase 1.
run the xantia, much more comfy than a 306 and more practical
What he said.

Suspension system isn't actually that complex. I'll buy a CX at some point!
run it, they're an absolutely lovely cruiser, comfy as anything and bags of room
Yes run the xant - I used to have one - really comfy and as Allye posted - the suspension is not complex.
Mine became an economic write off after a slow speed shunt but I did not have enough spare time to buy it back and rebuild it (it was all bolt on stuff LOL)
Might consider it as a daily then... Thoughts about putting a 2052 on it? Or run standard hardware and keep it stage1?

WIW, £150?
£150 seems alrite, maybe £125 if you can?

I think metal prices are rising slightly at the moment?
(24-11-2016, 11:23 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]£150 seems alrite, maybe £125 if you can?

I think metal prices are rising slightly at the moment?

I would say £100-£150 would be a winner.

We are currently paying £60 per ton for cars Smile prices have risen lately but not going up anymore before christmas i expect.
Well the cheapest insurance that came back on the price comparison jobby was £739. LOL! Who makes this up, seems like a random number generator.
CBA right now to call anyone to see if it'll go lower, thought I'd chuck it in there for ease.
When I bought my 306 as a second car (and therefore unable to have any NCD on it) - I ended up with Tesco insurance at a really good price Smile
No MOT? £150 absolute maximum. Well worth it though as a daily though, that insurance will get cheaper if you do a couple of random mods and call brentacre. Assuming you're over 25 that is.
Not 25 until Feb annoyingly. I called Adrian Flux yesterday and they couldn't beat it. I'll call Sky who I'm insured with at the moment, see what they say about stage 1 tune etc
(25-11-2016, 08:19 AM)hotrodjacko Wrote: [ -> ]Not 25 until Feb annoyingly. I called Adrian Flux yesterday and they couldn't beat it. I'll call Sky who I'm insured with at the moment, see what they say about stage 1 tune etc

Hi,
Sorry we couldn't help out with your insurance but thanks for give us a try though.
Regards,
Dan.