306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: locks pop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we first got our 306 estate about 3 years ago I had to repair the drivers side door loom, speaker and window problems, and the car has been great.

About 3 days ago the door locks began to play up. Lock the doors with radio fob button and they would lock then unlock. I checked and all doors where closed properly and tried again. They behaved.

Today I found the car unlocked, maybe I didn't lock it properly yesterday.

Tried to start the engine and no go. Good cranking and I'm sure I could hear the tank pump. Still no go, so open and close the drivers door and retry, bingo, she starts thank god.

The radio key fob had a new battery about 2 years ago and seem to have enough range.

Am I correct in assuming a possible problem with the door loom again, a make a break contact in one of the wires to the door?

Which colour wires would I be interested in for the lock popping problem please?

Is a repair section available with the car loom side connection and say 2 foot of wires, or is it a visit to the scrappy for this part, if I should need it ?

I have yet to check the water drain under the wiper motor for blockage but last time I checked ( do it fairly regularly as I had found it flooded soon after getting the car ) it was ok.

All help and advise greatly appreciated as I am still learning with this car.
you're right it will 99% be the door looms, way i go about it it giving them all a good tug and seeing which ones break, often the core fractures and the outer plastic on the wire stays intact . . . Smile
Yeah, but which wires are specific to the locks please ?

and does pug do a repair section, the connection from the main loom with its moulded "plug" and say 2 foot of wires, or is it a trip to the scrappy ?
I've fixed the problem on half a doz cars but I couldn't tell you the colour sorry, I always just have a tug lol, I add an extra section of wire to all the broken ones, dab of solder, tape it up and done
Common fault as Matt has described. New battery in fob wouldnt hurt while you are at it tbh
Cool, checking and hopefully fixing this afo, cheers.