306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Pajero.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I thought I may as well post a pic of the Pajero up. 
Had it about 3 months now. Had to change the water pump shortly after i got it but otherwise it's been fine, apart from it recently decided it didn't need all the manifold studs and I found half of one in the engine bay and a boost leak as a result. Will drill it in situ and hope for the best
2.8 Turbo Diesel,  with a mitsubishi copy of a VE pump,  so tuneable. 

[attachment=29045]

[attachment=29046]

I have no idea who the M.G belongs to.
Big trucks ftw. Need another pajero/shogun!!
I loved my pajero!
So much fun and the ranges the gearboxes offers are incredible!
Now I see why you want my tyres.
Shit trucks.. Should've bought a landrover. /Thread

Jokes, looks a tidy one! Smile engines are bulletproof and they are comfy to drive. Any plans to modify it?
Yes Dum, they will fit perfect as it stands.

Cheers Matt.
No massive mods planned really, 2" lift, pump tune up and may look at fitting the GT2052V I have in the shed, been done before so not breaking any new ground there. Maybe FMIC if I can be bothered.
(21-11-2016, 05:53 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Dum,  they will fit perfect as it stands.

Cheers Matt.
No massive mods planned really,  2" lift, pump tune up and may look at fitting the GT2052V I have in the shed, been done before so not breaking any new ground there. Maybe FMIC if I can be bothered.

If you find me a set of 235/85R16 AT or MT tyres and have them fitted onto my brand new 16" steels I'd happily give you the 31" MTs on the 15" alloys.

I'm not really running a FMIC at all, the standard FMIC was shit so I've just got a U-bend of 57mm alloy pipe in it's place. Appears to cause it no ill effects.
Y.H.P.M.
Still doing sterling service.  Done thousands of miles in it now and the fuel costs aren't horrendous.  
Drilled out the manifold stud and re-tapped it. All good. 
Wastegate tightened up, pump attempted to fiddle but it's not been fettled in 24 years so is needing work to undo bolts/screws. 
Will be more fun with more fuel, has responded well to the wastegate adjustment. 

A pic.

[attachment=29873]
Pump has been fiddled with.
Needs a better turbo.
Towing the bikes to the track. 
. I don't like towing the bikes about as everyone can see what you have,  there's a fair few pikeys round here and bikes get stolen often,  as per my post last year when I lost two bikes.
The sooner the transit is done,  the better. 

[attachment=30093]

[attachment=30094]

Not my address these pics are taken from.
Google Street view will not help here.
Not got a tarp you can chuck over the bikes for towing?
That's the least of my worries at the moment.
I think it has shit it's head/gasket.
Bumhats. It'll get sorted though, too good a truck to throw away over that.
Brand new built up heads aren't too expensive.

Still hoping that it is cavitation caused by a massive leak on the water pump gasket, it's leaking quite bad.

ETA. It did overheat due to water loss, I didn't realise the gasket was leaking.
Not good.
I got lucky for once.
New water pump has done the trick, no more bubbling in the rad, must have been cavitation from the failed bearing.
Knocking noise from front end tracked down to strut bushes.
New poly bushes on the way from Mitzibits.