306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Overalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for some opinions for new overalls.

My current ones I bought about a decade ago from a now closed down work wear shop where I used to live. They appear to be from a company called Euro Work, are 100% cotton and have put up with me spending most of the time in them rolling about on the floor however they have now worn through at the shoulders and the arse.

[attachment=29029]

Do I go hunting about online and buy exactly the same possible here at £22
http://www.workwearhouse.co.uk/acatalog/...-S998.html

Or do I go for something different, tempted to go for a nice set of lined and waterproof ones.

What have you got and how do you find them?
I practically live in overalls whenever spannering and in the shed. If your like me and can maintain body heat you wont want a 'lined' set as you just end up being too hot. (unless you refrain from wearing much underneath them).

Waterproof is good this time of year, but you'll need some serious dedication to be out in the rain to fit that 6BT.

My 2p
i bought some Dutch army issue ones for about a tenner iirc, they're really well made and have plenty pockets and shit, not sure if i can find the link but i'll have a look, Smile

just checked the seller and they don't have same as i bought but they do have these . . . Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Army-Surplus-S...646038bab8
Im a tart and have some Turn One overalls lol

http://www.nickygrist.com/turn-one-mecha...1796-p.asp

Other than that i have some official Lamborghini overalls Big Grin (Lamborghini tractors not cars!)
I still have my McDonalds overalls from when I was their maintenance man years ago!
Personally cant stand wearing overalls.... Cant ever move properly / get hot in the summer etc, just find them a total farce, but then I am a farmer, so wearing rags as clothes is a fairly standard practice lol!
I'm with Darren, just have sets of scruffy clothes to work in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have just two piece ones from my old work. Cost about £30 in total they are brilliant, toolstation specials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steel toe caps, hard wearing cheap work trousers, old t shirts and hoodies!

Look like bit of a spanner with a spanner in overalls.
(17-11-2016, 05:21 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Personally cant stand wearing overalls.... Cant ever move properly / get hot in the summer etc, just find them a total farce, but then I am a farmer, so wearing rags as clothes is a fairly standard practice lol!

Baler twine belt? lol
(17-11-2016, 08:43 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2016, 05:21 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Personally cant stand wearing overalls.... Cant ever move properly / get hot in the summer etc, just find them a total farce, but then I am a farmer, so wearing rags as clothes is a fairly standard practice lol!

Baler twine belt? lol

Done this many of times, baling string sorts all sorts out Smile
(17-11-2016, 08:43 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]

Baler twine belt? [emoji38]

Normally a cable tie tbh....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I use Piggypower overalls.

Can't stand to wear them in summer though.
Aldi/Lidl sometimes have some decent quilted ones for not much $$$
I've got a set but rarely worn, also have loads of Chevrolet/Daewoo branded ones from a family friend. But too good to use!

Thin pair of Dickies (Screwfix) does me most of the time, with old clothes underneath.
I can't do overalls - they never fit me and they always end up basically castrating me.

I'm all about the work trousers (dickies or similar) and a hoodie/jumper at most.
I usually prefer to work in trouser and t shirt/jumper and tend to wear shorts through the summer as much as I can. I do wear overall in the colder months though I always feel a bit restricted in them but an extra layer helps in the winter especially when the cars are so filthy.

As for getting some overall im pretty sure there are places out there that see ex retail ones from garages etc, not sure where they are but there usually at least decent quality overall. Think I got some from a car show but this was 10 years plus ago.
Bizweld flame retardant overalls are a must for me for most of my work, about £30 a set in almost any colour you want but I buy them in bulk as they soon burn away after a few weeks of hard graft lol

For car stuff I have all the ones I'm given as part of service crew/ engineer on race days and rally events. Ferrodo metro 6r4 team overalls are my personal favourite set aha
I practically live in Snickers work trousers. They last for ever and are stupidly comfortable. A little expensive but normally work 'provide' them.
Dickies work wear ftmfuw tbh.
If its cold outside I have a pair of Dickies quilted overalls (tractor suit ?) which I bought in the mid 80's,I used to wear them mostly for winch driving at the gliding club in winter,but good for certain car jobs when cold.
In warm weather I have a selection of different overalls from the RAF and various aviation companies LOL and just old clothes if really warm Smile