306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The takeaways thread..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shamelessly stolen this idea from another forum i frequent..

The question which is the best takeaway food? 

For me personally, i do like chinese! and like to try different things but Indian has to be the best!

Vote away fellow foodies! Big Grin
We've got possibly one of the best UK chip shops 3 miles from me so this is difficult.

I love an indian
I love a pizza
I don't mind an occasional kebab/burger but would be lower in the ranks

Cannot stand Chinese

However I am a sucker for 2 plain double cheeseburgers & 6 nuggets from Maccy D's....

Never been a huge KFC fan as I don't like eating off the bone, so it's a boneless banquet if I ever visit there.
Depends what you have locally and how good they are.

...or how bad home cooking is
i made the decision to go vegetarian about 6 months ago, as a result i've pretty much stopped ordering in as most places suck balls at making food without meat, i'm a keen cook and just knock things up myself, i do order the occasional pizza though so that's what i've voted Smile
(17-11-2016, 02:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i made the decision to go vegetarian about 6 months ago, as a result i've pretty much stopped ordering in as most places suck balls at making food without meat, i'm a keen cook and just knock things up myself, i do order the occasional pizza though so that's what i've voted Smile

I never would of pegged you as a veggie dude!
He gets enough meat elsewhere lol
(17-11-2016, 02:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Depends what you have locally and how good they are.

This is very true.

I think on balance I would say that kebabs are the best but as there are no good kebab shops in Aylesbury or near work I don't eat enough of them thus I do make some at home.

Chips would be my most eaten as there is a reasonable chip shop near home and the one a few hundred yards from work is amazing and very cheap.

I do love a good pizza but I always eat far too much when I have one and end up regretting it.
(17-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]He gets enough meat elsewhere lol

lmao The true meaning of 'eating out' lol
(17-11-2016, 02:33 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2016, 02:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i made the decision to go vegetarian about 6 months ago, as a result i've pretty much stopped ordering in as most places suck balls at making food without meat, i'm a keen cook and just knock things up myself, i do order the occasional pizza though so that's what i've voted Smile

I never would of pegged you as a veggie dude!

(17-11-2016, 02:34 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]He gets enough meat elsewhere lol

i wasn't up until 6 months ago lol . . . . . . also i think what Philip means is, i have enough meat for everyone as it is Big Grin
Fish and chips, prefrablly sat at padstow eating them from the local chippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(17-11-2016, 06:42 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Fish and chips, prefrablly sat at padstow eating them from the local chippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all the salt and vinegar!
Pizza,domino's meatoer.literally just eaten one.
if we are talking dominos it has to be the new yorker! Big Grin Also their chicken strippers and wedges are really good.. as are the cookies!
(17-11-2016, 07:38 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Pizza,domino's meatoer.literally just eaten one.

+1 here for the large meateor! Always order the extra pot of dipping sauce too lol
I'm a sucker for a curry. I love pizza, and probably have it more often as I mostly have takeaways with the gf, but ultimately you can't beat a good ruby, naan bread, couple of thanks and a selection of chutneys not forgetting lime pickle!
(17-11-2016, 02:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2016, 02:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Depends what you have locally and how good they are.

This is very true.

I think on balance I would say that kebabs are the best but as there are no good kebab shops in Aylesbury or near work I don't eat enough of them thus I do make some at home.

Chips would be my most eaten as there is a reasonable chip shop near home and the one a few hundred yards from work is amazing and very cheap.

I do love a good pizza but I always eat far too much when I have one and end up regretting it.

it's a bit of a drive, but pop over to my locality & try a kebab from my local chippy.
I do love a curry, but Mexican is my absolute favourite

Try being vegan!
Curry for me but having Deliveroo is an absolute winner. Being able to have things like KFC, Wagamammas and Burger King delivered is amazing lol
(17-11-2016, 10:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]

Try being vegan!

not for me I don't think, get through far too many eggs for that, happy being Veggie though, makes you think a lot about diet as I need quite a lot of protein as I'm pretty active, do a lot of core exercises, football and swimming, I've dropped a fair bit of weight but feel very good for it Smile
People harp on about protein all the time with MrsPiggy being vegan....
Amazing that often she has more than me in a day and I'm still eating meat/eggs
Pizza gets my vote.
(18-11-2016, 06:15 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]People harp on about protein all the time with MrsPiggy being vegan....
Amazing that often she has more than me in a day and I'm still eating meat/eggs
guessing she doesn't burn it off like me or needs the muscle mass though lol, I eat many, many beans of varying varieties, it's all good but takes some thought if you're an active person Smile

Edit: Also no offence but you're not the biggest are you? I never imagined you were getting too much food or protein lol, anyway bit OT...... I find I can cook a better curry, Chinese etc than 99% of takeaways anyway Smile
(17-11-2016, 09:52 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]I do love a curry, but Mexican is my absolute favourite

Would you like the Poll ammended to include mexican? i didn't even think of it!

(17-11-2016, 11:00 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Curry for me but having Deliveroo is an absolute winner. Being able to have things like KFC, Wagamammas and Burger King delivered is amazing lol

You can have KFC delivered?? now that's a game changer! I do adore a boneless banquet but i didn't put it in the Poll as i was more thinking of ordered / delivered takeaways you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home not just fast food you can get whilst out & about Smile
Indian for me. Normally a massive order with loads left for breakfast.

I am partial to a Nando's though. When I work away I eat Nando's 2-3 times a week, it's over hyped but I do enjoy it.
(18-11-2016, 09:51 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2016, 09:52 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]I do love a curry, but Mexican is my absolute favourite

Would you like the Poll ammended to include mexican? i didn't even think of it!

(17-11-2016, 11:00 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Curry for me but having Deliveroo is an absolute winner. Being able to have things like KFC, Wagamammas and Burger King delivered is amazing lol

You can have KFC delivered?? now that's a game changer! I do adore a boneless banquet but i didn't put it in the Poll as i was more thinking of ordered / delivered takeaways you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home not just fast food you can get whilst out & about Smile

Use the (moderator) force to include Mexican! Although I'm sure I'll be in the minority!
Indian for me, just love the massive variety of flavours. Although Thai comes a close second. In my experience pizza places either sell those terrible american-style things (dominos) or charge an absolute fortune for proper Italian pizzas, which seems excessive considering it's just dough, cheese and a half-portion of meat. Maybe it's just me being my usual tight-wad self and expecting some value for my cash lol. I like making my own, and i know making a good curry takes me a few hours whereas i can beat dominos' offerings in 30 minutes. lol
(18-11-2016, 09:13 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Indian for me, just love the massive variety of flavours. Although Thai comes a close second. In my experience pizza places either sell those terrible american-style things (dominos) or charge an absolute fortune for proper Italian pizzas, which seems excessive considering it's just dough, cheese and a half-portion of meat. Maybe it's just me being my usual tight-wad self and expecting some value for my cash lol. I like making my own, and i know making a good curry takes me a few hours whereas i can beat dominos' offerings in 30 minutes. lol

^^^ I can vouch for what poodle can do to a pizza, lush!
(19-11-2016, 10:18 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-11-2016, 09:13 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Indian for me, just love the massive variety of flavours. Although Thai comes a close second. In my experience pizza places either sell those terrible american-style things (dominos) or charge an absolute fortune for proper Italian pizzas, which seems excessive considering it's just dough, cheese and a half-portion of meat. Maybe it's just me being my usual tight-wad self and expecting some value for my cash lol. I like making my own, and i know making a good curry takes me a few hours whereas i can beat dominos' offerings in 30 minutes. lol

^^^ I can vouch for what poodle can do to a pizza, lush!

I need to experience the poodle pizza by the sounds of this!