306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cummins 6BT in an RX8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No words needed, as titled.

http://www.engineswapdepot.com/?p=12516
amazeballs Tongue liked on fb and will follow
Following on Insta now!
Hello 

If ye are interested here is the full build (well so far..) of the rx-hate on our Youtube page BodgeRidesGarage. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI0x77K...rLXKPF1OVQ)

Hope ye like it  Blush

Thats a great conversion, bet it's super low geared though
Been watching this progress, love it!
awesome lol ...
hmm, 122kg fully dressed to 450 kg, without considering the weight of the gearbox, and down by 80 bhp at least/
(04-12-2016, 10:28 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, 122kg fully dressed to 450 kg, without considering the weight of the gearbox, and down by 80 bhp at least/

I think 'jus cos different' rather than an out and out performance conversion
Could have been worse. They could have been putting it in an RX7. I guess they were just aiming for the total opposite of what it already had.

High rev, low torque, light weight to low rev, high torque, and ultra heavy weight haha.
(04-12-2016, 10:28 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, 122kg fully dressed to 450 kg, without considering the weight of the gearbox, and down by 80 bhp at least/

It won't be down for 80bhp for long though, they have already started bolting on a bigger turbo and although it might be 80bhp down but it's about 200lb/ft up. They were doing burnouts in 5th which tends to need some grunt or some ridiculous gearing.

Looks like they were talking about suspension set up in the video and they have moved alot of stuff further back not that it'll compensate for the 400kg difference alone.
(04-12-2016, 10:47 PM)BashRacing Wrote: [ -> ]I think 'jus cos different' rather than an out and out performance conversion

This. "BecauseF***You" and a massive middle finger to everybody, love it.
dont get me wrong i think its great to see silly engines in small cars, but an m57d30 would have been a better bet.
^^ Probably substantially more expensive to tune though.. would more than likely need a custom ECU for starters, then mapping costs, turbo's etc.. it has been done before though, saw one in an old ford estate i think it was
no aftermarket ecu needed, they'll run on the standard one fine, very easy to tune, 500Nm and 200+ bhp on a mild map.

get a newer one and they're more complex but you can get 286 bhp stock.

MINI use one in their ALL4 DAKAR racer, WITH a 38mm inlet restrictor it runs 320 bhp and 800 Nm.
(05-12-2016, 10:03 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]dont get me wrong i think its great to see silly engines in small cars, but an m57d30 would have been a better bet.

I think you are just epically failing to see the point.... Its a RX8....with a 12v cummins in it.....With thousands of people following the build with interest...... Think point makes itself really.