306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Picasso hdi...thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guna go see a hateful looking picasso 2.0hdi tomorrow with my cousin/for him.

Yes. Its ugly. Old man ish etc.

But ticks all the boxes for what he needs...and i dont have to live with it.

Anyway...its low mileage. And beige.

Any common faults I dont know about? Been awhile since had the "pleasure" of working on/near one
As far as I remember they're pretty much the same as any other French diesel, just check the usuals.

They really are hateful to drive & awful looking although if love to build a sleeper one. Imagine the race tractor engine in one... Wink
IIRC the engine is buried under the scuttle/dash board so it's a PITA to work on.
comms units, same as the 407 ones a pain and really expensive. always go loose on the indicator stalk.
rear sills caved in right at the back where some jackarse has tried to jack up on two mm steel without looking.
sills rot out welded a fair few now
theyre the erally common things that i used to come across weekly. hope it helps
running gear is much like berlingo 1/2, i.e 306 front 405 rear, but stretched and longer travel.

engine isnt as tucked away as a C8/807.
Flipping traders lying through teeth.

Wasted 4hrs.
What was wrong with it?
(29-10-2016, 10:33 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]What was wrong with it?

Went to see two in the end.

First one, other than being beige... they said they had changed the PAS pump...they had not. not even touched it other than topping oil up. sounded like a s/c picasso...was deafening. plus couple other faults.

Second was just battered to hell with touch up pen and overspray everwhere, and felt like it was flat as a fart with fault code of engine hot popping up
they are all flat as farts tbh, neighbour has one had james write a map for it before it came alive again.
(30-10-2016, 07:26 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Second was just battered to hell with touch up pen and overspray everwhere, and felt like it was flat as a fart with fault code of engine hot popping up

A friend of mine has one with that same fault for engine temp. It's been doing it for months, just turn the ignition off and it goes away, he's done several thousand miles like that now. Electrics, electric windows etc are certainly not their strong point.
As a plus point, the two I know of were both cheap, are very practical if you need to move stuff and very frugal, suprisingly so at motorway speeds.