306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Strange braking after a few hard stops from high ish speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quite strange, after a few hard stopsfrom a high speed so down from 80 to 60 then down to 40 for example, the braKe pedal goes slightly grainy and the car seems to kangeroo on the brakes at the front and feel as if its on its nose under braking, what do people think? Had all brake lines and flexis renewed
Probably left a load of pad on the disc.
Why does that happen then? Nothing to worry about then I pressure Welshpug? Thought it had something to do with brake fluid and MC but brake fluid is fairly new
Get your discs skimmed n see what its like after
For the cost of skimming discs, you may as well just replace them. Wink
Depends how much they are
The car still stops fine, so no need to get them skimmed or replaced, but as they are only 266mm they are like £20 a disc anyway for either mintex or pagid, so would be cheaper to just buy new discs for my car Smile Whereas I know your car Chris it would cost much less to get them skimmed than by new discs aha
As welshpug says, probably pad deposits left on the disc, that or you're warped the discs. Pad material deposits are caused by leaving your foot on the brake after you've made a hard stop, like when stopping at a junction for example.
not always, you get pad deposits when you melt the pad too.

very rare you will actually warp a disc, especially a vented one.
Cheers Poodle, pretty sure the discs are probably warped as there is a bit of vibration like feeling through the brake pedal until you get further down to the middle/bottom of the pedal. Havent had this issue for a while but its certainly vibrating through the pedal more.
get a few hard stops from speed on the go - don't stop completely, 80% odd of pedal force from say 60 down to 5mph. repeat 10 or until the pads begin to fade. then keep going for a while to let the brakes cool.

should clear them up.
Cheers ZX, tried it but doesnt really work as the servo is faulty I think and on the 4th or 5th stop the pedal goes solid but still brakes obviously.
ah ure a local lad
Yeah, spoke to you on facebook before (seb's photo of my car last month up in sunny scotland ring a bell?) live down the road from you