306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 205 tailgate rubber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonder if anyone can help me out. Pretty sure i have traced my water leak on my 205 down to be the tailgate rubber seal. Had a bit of a look on ebay and there are a few on there but does anyone know if they are all the same? At a guess 3 door and 5 door ones would be different i thought?

Or does anyone have a spare lying around?
Join the club! lol

Boots seals are the same 3 or 5 door, Ive tried a 306 boot seal but about 10inch short. They are available new from the peugeot museum but ££. Hard to find a decent one now ive tried about 4 ha.
I heard a Focus seal fits nicely, I don't recall which one though, was posted on the 205 forum by someone that works at M-Sport so probably a fairly recent one!

never had issues with leaking from the boot seal though tbh, as its on quite a raised lip anyway.
(21-09-2016, 07:28 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]never had issues with leaking from the boot seal though tbh, as its on quite a raised lip anyway.

Agree, tends to be everything attached to the boot-lid that pisses through instead. Pull off the rear panel and check in there!
(21-09-2016, 07:17 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]Join the club! lol

Boots seals are the same 3 or 5 door, Ive tried a 306 boot seal but about 10inch short. They are available new from the peugeot museum but ££. Hard to find a decent one now ive tried about 4 ha.

Any chance I can have the last 8 of the chassis number from your car so I can look it up on servicebox so I can see what part number comes up for your car. Pm me if you would rather.
dont need a chassis number, they dont work on most 205's anywaym
I've bought some universal boot seal stuff off ebay i'm going to give a go.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322088879953?_...EBIDX%3AIT
that looks useful. could do the trick when I "tailgate" my old caravan back wall Smile ThumbsUp