306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: MOT Surprises
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week my friend and I picked up a 205 from my great Aunt, was my great Uncle's until he died. It's last MOT ran out in December 2014 and it has sat in the car park under a cover for a while and she just wanted rid or it was going to get scrapped, although sentimental value meant that last one was unlikely.

It's a 5dr 1.4 with awful paint work so we were jumping about going crazy, however we looked underneath and it's cleaner than my 306. It's a 1991 so it's 25 years old and bloody clean and only on 90k, we were very surprised at the condition.

So we get it back last week, have a look over, tinker with little things, etc Friend decides to put it in for an MOT incase there is anything we have missed that needs to be changed. I was expecting a fail on at least 1 crusty brake line and a bush somewhere.

It passed! and with no advisories!

We were genuinely shocked. We are still going to do a couple bits to it for peace of mind and general maintenance but it's just amazing tbh.
result! Big Grin
My 306 did an MOT once and didn't fail on the handbrake efficiency.

I was amazed.
(04-09-2016, 11:09 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: [ -> ]My 306 did an MOT once and didn't fail on the handbrake efficiency.

I was amazed.

Are you sure that wasn't a dream?

My mate bought a 309 off ebay last year for £310. Had been sat for 8 years (in a garage mind) after the old boy who owned it popped his clogs but it went straight thru an MOT, so it can happen :-)
My 205 which had been involved in a collision to N/S, bumper hanging off.

Passed first time, no advisories