306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: LED bulbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone recommend some decent LED bulbs for interior and exterior?

Also looking for some low profile powerful LEDS for a little project if anyone knows of any good ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The answer is... Don't bother with interior LEDs. The issue is that they are directional so you end up with bluey horrible light in Very specific places. As for the front... Sidelight t10 led bulbs would be cool but other than that there isn't much you can do.
Eeyore is right, probably all of them on the interior they look blue. I had a picture of my interior with leds, but i can only find with the led on the back plate. I don't know if that's normal but mine starts to get brighter after a while
lol!
buy better led lights!
the one in the front interia of mine is great and a white light instead of a yellow or blue
(03-09-2016, 05:17 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]The answer is... Don't bother with interior LEDs. The issue is that they are directional so you end up with bluey horrible light in Very specific places. As for the front... Sidelight t10 led bulbs would be cool but other than that there isn't much you can do.

See that's always been my thoughts but since buying some decent Ish ones for the Meg I've come to like the look of the better ones, hence trying to find ones people would recommend rather than the cheap crap that crops up on eBay

Cully do you know where yours came from?

no idea they were in the car when i bought it not even took them out to look Wink
Philips makes really good ones (tera vision cera light), they light up 360 degrees and are (in the 5000K form) white and not blue, don't seem to flicker and also dim. They aren't cheap though at £15/pair on Amazon!
LED's don't last very long in the headlamps either, fitted a set of sidelight LED's to my motorbike headlights, lasted about 3 weeks lol

very bright for sure, but lasted about as long as i do in the sack
(05-09-2016, 09:57 AM)PocketFighter Wrote: [ -> ]LED's don't last very long in the headlamps either, fitted a set of sidelight LED's to my motorbike headlights, lasted about 3 weeks lol

very bright for sure, but lasted about as long as i do in the sack

I've found this issue with LED bulbs in my front headlights. I had the same bulbs in the number plate lights and they are fine but for the front lights they don't seem to last very long. I got feed up and just use standard slight light bulbs in the front now.
(03-09-2016, 03:09 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone recommend some decent LED bulbs for interior and exterior?

Also looking for some low profile powerful LEDS for a little project if anyone knows of any good ones?

I have just installed some LED's in my 306, I have two 15cm strips on the boot. And two 501 Cree lights in the cabin. The bulbs I have DO NOT fit the number plates or side lights unfortunately... I will try and grab some photos later this evening. The bulbs I have are white and are 100x better than the standard halogens!