306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Clutch Fork Bushes 1997 GTI6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please could somebody send me a link to these bushes. The clutch is very hard. I have oiled the cable like the previous owner said but no improvement. I cannot pull the clutch lever by hand with the cable off although it goes in gear and drives fine. If I am going to change the bushes I am doing a 3 piece clutch and cable too. ARSE!!!!!
you cant move the clutch arm by hand regardless, spring pressure is too high.

peugeot and citroen do the bushes
Cheaper going to the dealer than buying off eBay - they were around £3 each last time I got some from memory.
(05-08-2016, 01:37 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: [ -> ]Cheaper going to the dealer than buying off eBay - they were around £3 each last time I got some from memory.

£5.58 the pair. Many thanks.
Make sure you get the newer type

217 556 seal x2 £1.60
217 554 clutch bush bottom £2.75
217 555 clutch bush top £2.26

These take a seal to stop the clutch dust getting in them and making them wear out so quick. Also make sure you clean off all the rust where they make contact on the shaft. I used silicone grease there too.

I did the clutch last week and it's so much lighter now.
(09-08-2016, 10:20 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you get the newer type

217 556 seal x2 £1.60

These take a seal to stop the clutch dust getting in them and making them wear out so quick. Also make sure you clean off all the rust where they make contact on the shaft. I used silicone grease there too.

You got any pics of these newer type bushes and the seals as i haven't come across them yet?

The bushes i use are part number  217521 and 217520
One of the seals was superseded ages ago, has a really long part number (1608 8167 80). I don't know of any others being superseded though?
(10-08-2016, 06:22 AM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]

217 556 seal x2 £1.60

You got any pics of these newer type bushes and the seals as i haven't come across them yet?

The bushes i use are part number  217521 and 217520

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
This pic is off an eBay ad.

Notice the lips on the bushes, that's where the seals will sit. I meant to get a pic after fitting but was sort of time so never got one.

(10-08-2016, 08:13 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the seals was superseded ages ago, has a really long part number (1608 8167 80).  I don't know of any others being superseded though?

Strange I got those without issue from the dealers.
oh what, just bought a pair of these - didn't get offered the new exciting versions though :/
I think they are well worth getting. Peugeot really should have chromed the parts of the shaft the is in contact with the bush to stop premature wear.

I've found when the shaft rusts it starts eating the bushes quickly as it's so coarse. If it was chromed it would stay silly smooth.
reckon we could do with a sticky with part numbers for stuff Smile
That would be a good idea.

Just notice some eBay clutch forks are what looks like nickle plated which would be better then the standard Peugeot ones.
(10-08-2016, 08:48 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]reckon we could do with a sticky with part numbers for stuff Smile

Yeah i think we should try and sort this out for the most popular engines and parts as a few people do struggle with servicebox. I got a fair few part numbers for hdi and xud bits.
Ok....so what is the actual part number?

Inc the seals? Me wants em
umm lots of info and partnumbers in the link in my sig Wink

217 556 seal x2 £1.60

(12-08-2016, 09:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Ok....so what is the actual part number?

Inc the seals? Me wants em

I ordered the above.