306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tool Box Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so following on from the "So who is a mechanic" thread it would seem most are not here!

which got me thinking Wink
we have a post somewhere of "whats your Job"

how about a post of pictures of your main work tool!
be it work station,toolbox, building

lets see where you work and with what?

sooo

Most people know im a hospital maintenance electrician
this involves a lot of walking around our site so my tools have to be carried

my front line tool bag i carry everywhere

[attachment=28244]

i may add its not my only tool kit most is stashed away in lockers with spares in a central plantroom

for bigger jobs ive got wheels to move stuff around Wink

[attachment=28245]
This is mine, basically my full van. I'm a security installation engineer. It looks like this maybe once a month..........

[Image: C6650B07-937C-4004-9FCB-6AE623B0A9C9_zpspqrewstj.jpg]

I've just ordered a Transit Custom so this will be going soon too.
ok ill get a pic of my home set and work set tomorrow for you
I forgot to post in the mechanics thread, this is my workspace.. Normally I keep it pretty tidy but it often looks like a bomb landed! 

[attachment=28246]
I'm not allowed to take photos at work.

At home I've had a halfords industrial roller cab for about a year and a half and it has been fantastic.
That's my box, taller than me at 6'2"  Rofl
(24-07-2016, 09:12 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]That's my box, taller than me at 6'2"  Rofl

Awesome colour scheme

My daily kit is usually my engineering toolbox with set square, scribe, rulers etc and a welding mask. Depends what I'm doing though as I take whatever box i need for the job. Really ought to get a van lmao
[attachment=28248]
My box, un tidy and broken. Full of good tools though.
...and Peugeot wishbones by the look of it!
Sorry...dont fancy posting pics of all my gear for all of the interwebs to know where to get some nice gear!
(25-07-2016, 12:06 PM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]...and Peugeot wishbones by the look of it!

Yeah two genuine wishbones under there and a spare k14 turbo Smile
Here's my main tool box, would of been a nice amount of money towards a house deposit if i didn't have to have the box and filled it with tools though.

[Image: IMG_63521_zpsyro0rsnb.jpg]
(25-07-2016, 12:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry...dont fancy posting pics of all my gear for all of the interwebs to know where to get some nice gear!

But Youtube is ok right??? Inlove

I'll post up a pic once the sprawl has been sorted!
i have noticed that everyone else tool boxs look really pristine and there is mine painted 8 colours with things welded to it to make it functional
(25-07-2016, 07:10 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-07-2016, 12:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry...dont fancy posting pics of all my gear for all of the interwebs to know where to get some nice gear!

I thought that! Rofl

I might get around to taking a pic of mine, unlikely though, memory isn't generally that capable.
(25-07-2016, 07:10 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think I usually show all my kit though...I try not to anyway...for that reason.

(25-07-2016, 06:48 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my main tool box, would of been a nice amount of money towards a house deposit if i didn't have to have the box and filled it with tools though.

[Image: IMG_63521_zpsyro0rsnb.jpg]

Ruddy el thats nice.

Not the livery so much...but allthe drool still
I'm liking connor's, the white and black with peugeot sport stripes is just sexy. Must be a right bastard to keep clean though lol
(25-07-2016, 07:29 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]i have noticed that everyone else tool boxs look really pristine and there is mine painted 8 colours with things welded to it to make it functional

Think I'd rather have a house than a massive toolbox though!! Wink

Dread to think how much Frosty's spent on his lol! lol
I don't have a toolbox for work, and am not there anyway.
But my main tools, are solder iron & long nose pliers.
(25-07-2016, 08:06 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm liking connor's, the white and black with peugeot sport stripes is just sexy. Must be a right bastard to keep clean though lol

It is lol I'll get a pic ttomorrow if I remember
The state my toolbox gets is pretty bad though, so much dust etc in the workshop. It really isn't clean very often.
(26-07-2016, 06:05 AM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]The state my toolbox gets is pretty bad though, so much dust etc in the workshop. It really isn't clean very often.

behave...normally looks spot on when I pop round.

'Tis an Awesome chronic toolbox but a bugger to find anything when I'm looking in there, spend few minutes gawping at all the shiny spanner, sockets, ratchets, etc.

I just got a random couple top boxes on top of a bench and a full US Pro roll cab and top box...its pretty small though. Can't get as much as I wanted to it in...but for a hobbyist its cheap and cheerful.
(26-07-2016, 08:18 AM)mr_fish Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-07-2016, 06:05 AM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]The state my toolbox gets is pretty bad though, so much dust etc in the workshop. It really isn't clean very often.

behave...normally looks spot on when I pop round.

'Tis an Awesome chronic toolbox but a bugger to find anything when I'm looking in there, spend few minutes gawping at all the shiny spanner, sockets, ratchets, etc.

I just got a random couple top boxes on top of a bench and a full US Pro roll cab and top box...its pretty small though. Can't get as much as I wanted to it in...but for a hobbyist its cheap and cheerful.

You want to see the state of it now, layer of dust and the top is just full of clutter.