306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ipswich 'Wheels' Festival 17th July 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I went to this today...on my own as everyone else was busy or possibly avoiding me. Tongue

Anyway, was a bit of everything so might interest some people on here lol, you'll have to excuse the arena pics, most were taken 'blind' at a high angle to avoid as many heads as possible!

The local Ford garage were doing a promo stand so I had a good nose around the new Focus RS and 5.0 Mustang... I'd rather have the RS!! The Mustang was disappointingly quiet, nowhere near as V8y as I'd expect and want, might as well have been the ecoboost. Also it was too low, I had to make old person groans getting out of it! The RS on the other hand, sounded fecking epic as standard!

Anyway, onto the pictures...

When people block you in...

[Image: 1tTGaP2.jpg]

Mmm, nice!! Big Grin Bet that's rare too...

[Image: GesTm2N.jpg]

[Image: XHme68R.jpg]

Oh wait, there's another one there lol...think I prefer it in blue tbh!

[Image: yxQRaq3.jpg]

Phwoar

[Image: uaMvvgz.jpg]

306 LX on 17s

[Image: Lq4VMDg.jpg]

Stunt guy doing a wheely (I think?) with 4 randomers from the crowd, funny enough I didn't want to have a go

[Image: 4QC6wc4.jpg]

Stunt guys jumping over a moving truck

[Image: KZuFR6F.jpg]

[Image: oOklhxh.jpg]

[Image: oOklhxh.jpg]

Old fire truck

[Image: QDIFpjd.jpg]

General Lee

[Image: dxlvoAF.jpg]

Shiny Cadillac with a Pontiac photobomb

[Image: H6PLhtQ.jpg]

Don't think I've seen one of these before, can't remember the make of it now though!

[Image: hGyMQ3o.jpg]

Little steam thing that sat chugging away all day, exposed gears on top were really mesmerising and kinda hypnotic! Also note the lovely Maestro on the scrap yard truck lol

[Image: T5jMWNM.jpg]

Couple of Fords of course! The green one is an anniversary edition Fiesta Zetec S, checkerboard roof etc is standard. Thought they only made 500 but this is number 695 so I guess it's more than that lol. Also note the plush turbo on the dash of the Focus lol.

[Image: fnRY6em.jpg]

And a Focus ST, think it's Mountuned

[Image: iyF0XbY.jpg]

Obligatory car park shot

[Image: yesbpDF.jpg]

There was a lot more there as well, not bad for a £2 entrance fee imo!
Saw on fb thst not many and there weren't many cars but from your photos it looks like a decent day out. Its a shame that if you want to display your car has to be static 8 till 5! That's a hell of a long day with no opportubity to leave.
Wow missed out on this one would of been worth it just to see the lambos
(17-07-2016, 09:54 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Saw on fb thst not many and there weren't many cars but from your photos it looks like a decent day out. Its a shame that if you want to display your car has to be static 8 till 5! That's a hell of a long day with no opportubity to leave.

People just like moaning tbh, what did they expect for £2!? lol

There weren't loads of cars but was a bit of everything, the arena stuff was worth £2 alone imo. I was there about 3 hours I think, that was enough given the heat anyway!

My only complaint was the parking, their signs were terrible, if I didn't know Ipswich I wouldn't have been able to guess where the overflow car park was after getting sent round in a circle. Then there were no walking signs from the overflow car park, and it's not a park I'd been to before, just followed some other guys that I later realised had taken a scenic route round the park first haha! lol

People can and did leave before the end of the day, they just had to ask for one of the ushers to help them avoid running over loose children.