306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Shit news!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah, on Friday, I get told I'm being made redundant after 5 months of working there.

f*cking excellent.

I just thought I'd complain to you lot.
What an absoloute shitter mate Sad

Arn't you in IT? A fairly decent job market, surely?? Wish you all the luck in getting a new job!
Well, was in AV Rental/Production... But yeah, originally from IT, so should be able to find an OK job easy enough, it's just whether I want to go back to IT, if I found a job at a school doing IT, I'd do it, I did love my last job...

I've seen a few motorfactors asking for parts people/drivers, so probably do that for a bit until I find a job I genuinely want to do...
That's a shitter mate! At least it should t be too hard to find a job. What reasoning did they give you for making you redundant?
That sucks man Sad bad times, as Matt says, did they give you a reason behind it?
Crap man... It sucks does that. Happened to me twice when I was younger! Good luck with the job hunt... Wink
bad luck mate! At least you can get that job and then spend a while looking for something you really want! Big Grin
Lost quite a few big jobs to bigger competitors who can do the work for no money since they own the kit - therefore have no subhire costs.

For example, lost a job to essentially the biggest company in Video - we went in at 25k, they went in at 20k - we'd have made £5k profit, they'd make £15k even at £20k...

You just can't compete - I genuinely feel for them, I mean, yeah, it's shit I've lost my job, but smaller companies simply can't compete.
Sorry to hear that mate. There's a few it jobs going at my work at the moment but I suppose Luton is abit to much of a trek every day for you! Haha
Niall Wrote:Sorry to hear that mate. There's a few it jobs going at my work at the moment but I suppose Luton is abit to much of a trek every day for you! Haha

where in luton you based?
Just a wee!

If I can stay where I am, I'd love it, I could go back home, but in all honesty, the job market in Cornwall is pretty bleak! I've got as good chance here as anywhere else!

I've still got a month here, so I'm ok for the while...
Ben Jay Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Sorry to hear that mate. There's a few it jobs going at my work at the moment but I suppose Luton is abit to much of a trek every day for you! Haha

where in luton you based?

I'm not. One of our offices are there.
Niall Wrote:
Ben Jay Wrote:where in luton you based?

I'm not. One of our offices are there.

ah ok. could of been commute friends!
That sucks Sad Good luck with the hunt though, sounds like you've got the right idea doing a 'tide me over' job, hoepfully will be worth it! Smile
Ben Jay Wrote:ah ok. could of been commute friends!

No. No we couldn't Ben.
Niall Wrote:

No. No we couldn't Ben.

lmao Burn!
Niall Wrote:

No. No we couldn't Ben.
[Image: Okay+meme.jpg]
Niall Wrote:

No. No we couldn't Ben.

[Image: nomorenialls.png]
Ah dude that sucks! I know how it feel. Just hope you get back in a job soon
Hi Ruan,

Spoke to my boss today, nothing immediate right now, but requests come in all the time.

Email me your CV and i'll give it to him. He said he'd phone you when he gets a request in
That is shit new Sad
Sucks mate. It's been just over a year since my old company went under, which means that you stop work immediately!

Avoid the construction industry if you can. Really, really quiet right now, companies going under every day and no light at the end of the tunnel either. Just spending my days phoning around (cold calling) and I hate it.
shame ruan, i have had extra over time cut back at work. plus even been sent home an hr and half early too. i have spoke to other places when i was shopping and its the same of them too.
fuckin nowhere is stable at the min!
Sucks mate, good luck getting another job.

Hopefully the honey monster will retire soon and you can have his job.
Dum-Dum Wrote:Sucks mate, good luck getting another job.

Hopefully the honey monster will retire soon and you can have his job.

FYC!
Sucks dude i left security and went for a job with severn trent which you would have thought is secure everyone needs water, then after a month they made 30+ redundant
It's a scary thought really that NOWHERE is safe...

Everyone is trying to make cutbacks...
Our company are making cut backs and we work on the roads... 50 people are up for redundancy, we barely have enough people to cope with work now, gonna be terrible when they have gone. And next year they reckon another 40 have gone. I have 12 months at most in my current job I reckon Sad

Hope you find something soon! Smile
you know theres loads to do in jobs, but there just isnt the staff and the cash about is there! i tell you something, customers are really complaining about the prices now! tins of smart price stuff as gone well into the £1 marker! things are going up not just a penny or two, your talking about 50p and more!
how the f*ck are people gonna cope when christmas hits? then the new year? prices jump again! fuels gonna jump again into the 1.50s in august so thats gonna really see load of companies off as well!
only way is to lower every f*cking thing price wise!
On a possitive note, you could sell your Gti to Ed... Instead of butchering it for an XUD. Make a bit of money out of it... :grin:
Pages: 1 2