306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Best bodywork sealant/adhesive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, finally got hold of an ST170 spoiler for my Ford dieselbus, I also managed to bag an adhesive kit un-used for £20.

It transpires that you need a Ford Sealant Gun (essentially a sealant gun which holds two cans of adhesive aptly named component A and component B, mixes them together in one nozzle). Ford want an additional £17.03 for this piece of plastic I will never re-use.

Just wondering what peoples' experiences were like with the likes of Tiger Seal and other products, Silkaflex is another one.

I need enough to put a bootlid spoiler on, with a quite large contact patch. How far does one bottle go, what should I look to spend and where can I get it?

Lemme know folks!
I've never had any problems with tiger seal. Never hear bad stuff about it. It's still holding my spoiler on well now too as it happens!
Cool. What's it like to apply, messy or anything? I've used gasket sealant before but never bodywork stuff. Is it very similar? Ie. to the un-trained eye it just looks like bath sealer?! lol
can't you just mix the adhesives on a bit of plastic and apply it with a spatula?
Use clear silicone lol
Tiger seal had held on my spoiler for a year
Tiger seal is rock solid when applied properly, just make sure you give it time to cure. I tigersealed my SP spoiler on the gti and went for a drive an hour later and it fell off, best give it 24 hours to cure.
We use sikaflex at work for sealing boat hatches and stuff. Id say it was a sealant but i wouldnt sticking anything on with it! D:
tiger seal. thats it.
Jonny81191 Wrote:can't you just mix the adhesives on a bit of plastic and apply it with a spatula?

The fun bit's gonna be getting the two out of their respective tubes. They're like a sealant tube only smaller...

Will look into getting a tube of Tiger Seal...
push an extension bar into it where the sealant gun would go?
I stuck my spoiler on with tiger seal yesterday, seems to have stick fine, held the spoiler on with masking tape long enough for the TS to cure, and it seems fine. Just make sure you use enough of it to get a good grip, any excess that splodges out the sides can be trimmed back once its set properly.
Guys.. I just found this great product while surfing the net.

I reckon it will do the job perfectly.

ninja

[Image: nomorenialls.png]
lmao
Remember how your car was red Toby? It will now be silver.....metal finish to be precise!

Smile
Niall Wrote:Remember how your car was red Toby? It will now be silver.....metal finish to be precise!

Smile

Sounds like a good surface for.....

More carbon wrap??! :mrgreen:
Toby Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Remember how your car was red Toby? It will now be silver.....metal finish to be precise!

Smile

Sounds like a good surface for.....

More carbon wrap??! :mrgreen:

Only thing that is going to be wrapped is your cold corpse.....in carpet

Then swiftly thrown off a bridge!
Tiger seal is strong stuff! sorted a leak out on the rover, but by christ its a sod to get off your hands!!!