306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bilstein B4 front shocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi 

In the process of replacing my original 306 hdi shocks for a set of Bilstein B4 front shocks. These are fairly cheap and hopefully will give my car better handling on the road. 
What is your opinion on these shocks, also what springs would be suitable.
B4s are a decent oem replace from what people say. As for springs are you just wanting standard height?
(17-06-2016, 08:31 AM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]B4s are a decent oem replace from what people say. As for springs are you just wanting standard height?
standard springs or maybe lower... what shocks and springs have you got?
Billstein b12 kit is proving to very good mate think it lowers 30mm and a few of the guys on here use them on track too with good reports
Meh. B4's aren't all that. Sachs or trw will be just as good. B8's, on the other hand, are f*cking epic.
I've stopped recommending B4's as the quality has gone downhill big time over the past few years.
Got to be careful with B4's, sellers will often give you the wrong one's. I bought a full set of B4's and wish I paid a little extra and got the KYB Ultra SR Sad

If the B4 is what you really want,

22-045676
22-045669
19-019314 (x2 for rears)

Are the part numbers you need. http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default.asp...004&12=130
Thank you for the information everyone!
also if anyone knows of someone selling shocks please let me know.
Thanks
Yep as said above. B4s are a replacement for OEM. B8s are an upgrade and the B12 kit includes the rears. Lots of confusion over parts numbers etc.