306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Evans Top Gear Se1 Ep3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMO New New Top Gear just gets better and better!!

I only saw the second half but the guests were actually funny and worked well as a pair, Rory Reid is even better on TV than he is online (IMO he is everything Chris should have been) and Matt and Ken blasting through London in the Hoonicorn is a phenomenal bit of film making. There is a fair bit of cinema magic in there where they dive into one tunnel and then appear a second later out of one in a different part of London so the lack of continuity there annoys me as I know London well but that aside well worth a watch.

What did you lot thing and how is the first half?
Got to say I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Rory Reid and Chris Harris were a lot better than I expected. I liked the Focus RS film, it needed a lap though!
I switched on when they had a star in the car. His commentary and audience reaction is just so poor.

Then switched off.
I didn't want to see Chris Evans throw up...was pretty obvious he couldn't take Schmidts driving anyway!

But after that, it wasn't bad... I've had a nose around the new Focus RS at the dealers but that's the first time I've seen one 'in action' and heard about the specs! Maybe one day lol... Ferrari bit was good too.

Not really a fan of Ken Block but that bit was watchable and I know other people will like it.

Star in the car was shit as always.
i thought it was a great episode. thought it must be near the end but only 33 mins in! lots in tonights episode and it was good.
Rory Reid and Chris Harris finally getting a go at presenting has made a big difference, remind me of the early episodes with James May/Richard Hammond, eventually they will get into the flow. As for the rest of them, meh I thought Sea-sick Steve was a better presenter, and he was a guest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk