306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Insurance advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all after such a long time!

I am wondering if anyone can help me Re: Insurance, basically my Girlfriends Aygo is going tomorrow to its new owner and she will then be the owner of the Scirocco, currently insured by me. She will obviously swap her insurance to the Rocco and that leaves me without a car to insure, the car that i wish to insure will not be available to purchase until the 28th of June. 

What do i do? Can i put the insure on hold? I have never been in this situation before.

Cheers all and enjoy FCS!
how long left on the policy?

probably cheap to close it and start afresh unless its another scirocco
For the sake of 3 weeks I wouldn't worry
Ring your insurer. I know some companies give 30 days to replace the car.
Thank you all.
Welshpug - Policy still has 10 Months to go, and has been paid off. Quotes to change to another car are reasonable at £45.
Chylled - I was thinking this may be the best option to avoid the 2 admin fees.
JJ0063 - Was also thinking of this, but was concerned i would be shooting myself in the foot if this isn't the case, if they force me to close it, i would obviously have to pay a cancellation fee.
Don't know anyone with a crap car off the road you could swap it onto for now if they don't let you put it on hold?
Who are you with?
My Rallye is off the road so that is indeed an option, it does however cause the issue that it isn't taxed or MOTed and someone may get a huff about that. Also doesn't solve the 2x admin fees.

I am with 1st Central, whom have always been really good to me if i am honest!
(04-06-2016, 04:18 PM)Atterz Wrote: [ -> ]My Rallye is off the road so that is indeed an option, it does however cause the issue that it isn't taxed or MOTed and someone may get a huff about that. Also doesn't solve the 2x admin fees.

I am with 1st Central, whom have always been really good to me if i am honest!

Doesn't need to be taxed or MOT'd to be insured Smile

Why not call 1st central and ask the question as a general question.. Say you don't have the details to hand if they ask?
Lots of policies allow you to freeze the policy if you ring and ask. Why not talk to them instead of us? They are the experts on their own insurance I'd imagine.
Ok a quick update, thank you all for the advice. I purchased a different car, that i pick up tomorrow. So rang to swap the insurance and they said that they wouldn't offer a quote, so unfortunately i had to cancel the policy with 1st Central anyway.

Again, thank you for the advice.
What have you brought home now is the question? Tongue
*Bought
(13-06-2016, 09:27 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]*Bought

he might have brought something somewhere! you never know!
(13-06-2016, 07:09 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]What have you brought home now is the question? Tongue

Wink

How can you determine that?

I'd argue that brought was used correctly there.. Matt asked what he was bringing home.
(13-06-2016, 02:58 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]

How can you determine that?

I'd argue that brought was used correctly there.. Matt asked what he was bringing home.

In fairness it was used incorrectly, then I edited my post lmao
The joys of editing posts, remember kids, always quote.