306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 175's on Dturbo Alloys?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

My last 306 was an xldt with steel wheels. When the tyres were done, I changed down from the 185's to 175's  - this was listed somewhere as being OK to do (think in the handbook), I don't thrash my cars and I found it gave me a good bit more clearance in the arches to avoid liner rub.

Now have a 97 (early phase 2) D turbo with the usual D turbo alloys, and need new tyres. Wondering if the alloys have the option of 175's too, or if that is too narrow for them. Just so I know my options. I quite like the 185's appearance, but to be honest when I changed down on the last car, I didn't notice any loss of handling or grip  - actually the car drove nicer on the slimmer tyres.

cheers
Craig
Goodness..they will likely fit...

Would you want to run a 1180kg car with a torquey diesel on 175s.... I think I'd rather walk
theyre 1080 not 1180.

handbook says 175s is fine.

if you need skinny tyres so it doesnt rub however, your beam is shot.
(01-06-2016, 07:43 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]theyre 1080 not 1180.

handbook says 175s is fine.

if you need skinny tyres so it doesnt rub however, your beam is shot.

Really? You sure...I'm 99% sure ph2 dturbos were more than 1080
Im running 175s on the wifes as i had some lying about tht needed wearing out. Theyre fine. Its an untuned five door heap though
(01-06-2016, 08:35 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Im running 175s on the wifes as i had some lying about tht needed wearing out. Theyre fine. Its an untuned five door heap though

and what about the car?  Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl Rofl