306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: removing front grill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im set on masking my head lights and i just wondered if anyone know a way of getting the grommets that holds the grill on without damaging the paint and possibly use them again. fam.
You should be able to get a screw driver under the centre part of them and lift it up. You can then pull them out nicely.
tryed this but didnt want to force it. last time i made a right cock up of em. will give it another go.
kingy Wrote:tryed this but didnt want to force it. last time i made a right cock up of em. will give it another go.

Tbh once they have been in for a while, they don't like to come out without breaking. There only about 30p from pug so might be worth buying some then breaking the old ones out.
Either that or use a trim tool, it's like a forked flat blade. Goes under the centre plug, either side of the stem to prise the plug up.

Hope that made at least some sense lol
Umm you can get your fingers underneath the surrounding grill area and pull upwards this will remove those pesky pegs.
Been here long enough king atkeast get it in the right section lol but yeah as said get a screwdriver in the middle of the "peg"
i wanted it done tomorrow and it pug parts aint open.
4WayDiablo Wrote:Been here long enough king atkeast get it in the right section lol but yeah as said get a screwdriver in the middle of the "peg"
your right mate. my bad. thick as shite mate lol.

think im gonna leave it now anyways, as long as its done for fcs.
Get a kitchen fork, that's what I used. Was bloody brilliant didn't damage anything
mint. will give that ago. cheers.
Not read through this fully but I find that wd40 and a kitchen fork you would use to eat your dinner does the trick Wink
mark_airey Wrote:Not read through this fully but I find that wd40 and a kitchen fork you would use to eat your dinner does the trick Wink
Ideally a fork you're hoping to use for dinner that evening! Those work best. Also works well if you're facing an Easterly direction, with odd socks on.
Scott Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:Not read through this fully but I find that wd40 and a kitchen fork you would use to eat your dinner does the trick Wink
Ideally a fork you're hoping to use for dinner that evening! Those work best. Also works well if you're facing an Easterly direction, with odd socks on.

FYC scott, if you get the 4 pronged variety the gap between the prongs is almost exactly the same as the pin that splits the clip and fits nicely between the top and bottom section of the clip, I was actually being serious for a change Tongue
fork, or lever them up enough to use a claw hammer (use a bit of old rag to protect the paint) If you snap them, then buy new ones and drill the feckers out!
Jonny81191 Wrote:fork, or lever them up enough to use a claw hammer (use a bit of old rag to protect the paint) If you snap them, then buy new ones and drill the feckers out!

there is no wonder you always break stuff lmao also why drill them out? a small nail will push the pin right out of the other side and then you can just lift the bottom section out if it comes to that Wink
I don't always break stuff! I had to drill some out cos the top came off whilst I was attempting to remove them.
will this do

[Image: Digging-Fork.jpg]
Jonny81191 Wrote:I don't always break stuff! I had to drill some out cos the top came off whilst I was attempting to remove them.
Have to admit your getting quite good at it though Tongue as I said, if that is the problem and you pull the top off you can just push the center pin right through the clip Wink mucho's less pissing around Big Grin

kingy Wrote:will this do

[Image: Digging-Fork.jpg]

If that is what you use to eat your dinner then press on lmao
mark you dum ass, i ment the clips.
[Image: Fork-in-the-Road.jpg]

drive into that, that'll get your grill off. (won't guarantee the refitting bit though)
lmao
lmao @ jonny

kingy Wrote:mark you dum ass, i ment the clips.

I know, and as my first reply said "using a kitchen fork like you would use to eat dinner" so as I say, if you use one of those to eat dinner then carry on Tongue
i got ya, just loling marra. Wink