306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: speedo/dash clocks bulbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, bought this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230764797574? ... 1497.l2649

As many of my bulbs were gone, they will splutter back into life briefly if you tap the clocks, but not for long.

Finally got it apart, put one in, plugged it back in and nothing. Are these the right bulbs? They are totally different to the ones that came out.

Now, rather annoyingly, the handbrake/brake fluid low light refuses to work. Sad
LEDs only work in 1 direction. If they don't work, remove the bulb and spin it 180 degrees and refit.
What about the mileage? Do I need to take the front of the clocks off for that?
nope all accesable from the rear
Got cocky, came inside, swapped all of them. Now 5/7 arent working.

Rotated them 180 degrees, still no joy

Looked at the holes they came out of, there is a deep scratch on the coppery looking contact.
any thoughts anyone?
Did you buy just the bulbs or did they come with the holders?
fuckin mare when i did mine. hotspots and look at my temp and fuel. lol
sorted now though.

[Image: IMAG0328.jpg]
im really struggling with mine Sad ive just got no time to sit and play with them, ive got a good 75% of them working Sad
Should have got plasma dials :-P
No blotches totally even light
Completely awesome and just slide over so no bulbs to worry about
Niall Wrote:Did you buy just the bulbs or did they come with the holders?

Using the holders from the car! 1 Wor(the temperature gauge, on the plus side, this wasnt working before!), the others dont! ive turned them around and still nothing! very frustrating!
take a bulb that you know works and try it in one that isnt. try it both ways. if it still dont work then throw the bastarrd thing in the bin and get new clocks. lifes to short to let a little bulb piss you off.
I agree Kingy, but I dont really want to spend £55 on new clocks! Although I guess no dashboard lights will be an MOT fail and as auto electrician will charge me more than that.

Already tried the one that works in one that doesnt, no joy. Do they have to be turned a certain amount to make the contact? Or will any amount do that?

Gonna go out and try all the ones that arent working, in the one that currently does. If I know the bulbs/holders are ok, its one less thing to worry about.

I just wish it could be plugged in while I fiddle with the bulbs, I have to keep unplugging it and pulling it out of the dash hole to do anything!
be warned if you power up the panel and then change the lamps live you run the risk of shorting out the clocks and burning off the copper tracks!

i have repaired a board that someone did this too

if you have done this live it might be worth checking the fuses or even turning up the panel dimmer as some of the led's might/won't not light with it dimmed
^^ listen to the man that knows. as for turning the bulbs, it would be 180 degrees. look at the wires on the boulb and make sure they contact the conecting thingies on your clocks. they should go in only one way then turn a quarter of a turn. if that dont work, take the bulb out, turn it half a turn and put it back in and try again. im not making sence am i.
I've changed the bulbs with the clocks plugged in, but without the lights on. Is this likely to have broken the board Cully? Bear in mind, I only did this this morning when I was checking the bulbs/holders.

fuses are fine, dimmer is not on (i.e the lights are on full) Some of the LED's seem too long (the bulb holders dont seem to fit in the recess very well)

You are making sense Kingy, Ive done that a million times though, and no luck.

My next idea (before buying 2nd hand clocks from ebay) is to try to get power to the lights away from the car. What kind of voltage will they need? I can get a power supply from school( which will do up to 12V), and some wires with croc clips. Will this allow me to power the lights in the comfort of my home? I can then fiddle with the bulbs with ease to try to get them to work.

If so, which pin(s) do I need? On the large connector block?

The next resort is new clocks from ebay, so tbh, I dont care if I mess it up, it cant be any worse than it is now!!
Plasma dial FTMFW! They just power off a 12v feed, no bulb faffing required
pisses you off dont it. i got well mift with mine and nearly bought new clocks but at the time i couldnt find any low millage so i had to stick with the ones ive got. i had my clocks in peices cause i had to remove the yellow paint off the back of the dials ( which took ages) and change all the filters from red to white. and with broken clips at the back and cracked plastic at the front it drove me mad. all sorted now though but would never want to go through that again so my advice to you is to get some second hand clocks and go down plasma route. trust me.
I dont really care about the LEDs, I just wanted all of them to work (2/3 had gone, including odometer)

I wouldnt even care if they were normal bulbs! I just need to get them working, and being able to do that inside on my desk seems like a much better idea than fiddling with one, squeezing it back into the hole so I can plug it in, banging my head on the steering wheel as its had no effect, then removing clocks and repeating
it is my first time to see this car . so cool .the led light is brake , you can change new one , thus it can be brighter.

http://www.sencart.com/Supply-car-led-light-bulbs_c2