306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What backbox?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had to put a standardish system on.
It's decat to straight through centre to standard back box. 

It grunts when over 3k and silent on idle 
I've just taken the complete straight through system off as it was really loud and it was tiring to drive with it. 

I want a back box that's going to give it a little more noise, is there anything that uses the standard Peugeot clamp design? Or anything anyone recommends?
Scorpions use standard Peugeot fittings.
^^ Sort of.. the backbox to centre pipe uses a weird ring type thing to allow the clamp to hold it together
Hdi midbox as a backbox.. Sounds epic
(19-05-2016, 01:49 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Hdi midbox as a backbox.. Sounds epic

I have the same delima, On the s16 sounds good too ?
I tried to find scorpion or mongoose
I fitted a hdi midbox to an otherwise stock system to a gti6 for someone, sounded really good imo!
(19-05-2016, 01:40 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]^^ Sort of.. the backbox to centre pipe uses a weird ring type thing to allow the clamp to hold it together

Correct.

If you've got an aftermarket stainless system my opinion is that it is worth getting an exhaust place to cut the joints off and create sleeved joints. It's inexpensive and then it is easier to assemble & seal.
I like the flare/balljoint type of fittings on the psa exhausts. Gives a bit more latitude to align and dead simple to fit imo. A bit more critical on length, but more forgiving of slight tolerance imbalance - a tight sleeve is a pita to get together, and a sloppy sleeve is awkward to seal. Also the sleeve ones are a bitch to get apart again if they've been even slightly overtightened...

Of course, I was only an exhaust fitter for a fairly short time Wink
I struggle to get the PSA ones to seal personally. I am not an exhaust fitter though. lmao
[attachment=27755]

Just knocked this up for my s16 today.. Total cost of £0 Cool 

I'll stick a video up soon!
That's baller asf I'd like to see a video. I've got a cat back sportex system on at the moment sounds nice. Pretty loud and grunty. Would be perfect if it was a little quieter but that's not how I roll Rofl