306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Time to hang my head in shame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So out tonight with a few mates

And her 59 plate 1.6 mini with 4 people in kept with the Rallye

It makes me all kinds of sad and confused at the same time.

What power do they put out? 
Or why is my Rallye so slow?! Haha
So sad, can't you drive a proper car or is she just faster than you????? Tongue
I'm just waiting for the shut it ya Prickly little cun but alas she did keep up in a mini lol Tongue
I had the rallye screaming. I just don't understand it I'm so damn confused
Maybe she's sleeper?
According to parkers they are 163bhp 210nm torque is that right? If so not so ashamed haha
Thats similar to the 6, also brand new motor, also how heavy are they?
Depends which mini.. Like freaking vws with all the different models and specs
No chance it was a cooper s?
Yeah its a shame some of those are fairly nippy. Probably time to supercharge it. Its like comparing a 1.9 gti 205 to say a modern hot hatch. Even the modern slow ones are faster. Tech moves forward.
It's just a standard 1.6 mini one
They are also extremely similar weight to the Rallye
So not surprised now.

But yeah time to up my game, need a charger lmao
Mini's aren't built to last, My mrs had a Mini One 1.6 '03 plate as well but I could keep up with her! and it's now been scrapped because it blew the head gasket, whilst my 17 year old 1.8 306 lives on... XU engines are solid.
Arent the new mini 1.6 turbos or is it only the cooper s that is?

Could be worse, could've been a 1.6 diesel one. lol
newest ones are 2.0.

mini one was 94 or 97 bhp, so it certainly wasnt one of those!
my experience of them they are very wide!
I will leave this here :

I'll get the reg later and do a check Smile
I got totally shown up on the M48 by a smart car once (in my turbo Saab)

Till someone pointed out they do a stupidly fast one, 100 and something hp in a car that weights about as much as a skateboard.
The standard 2009 Mini One is only 94BHP, and thats on a good day.
The 2009 Cooper S was a 1.6 Turbo and 173BHP

If your Rallye got stiffed by a stock 1.4 N/A Mini with a bunch of people in it then your cars f*cked mate.
They had a head start, but I couldn't catch easy, at 50 I flew past
But yeah I was wrong they are 118bhp, and I think something is wrong haha
Look for a new thread on problem solving lmao
I might be wrong, but I'm sure orta had something similar with his rallye, it ran and drove fine but on the rolling road it was really down on power, turned out to be the lambda sensor playing up iirc?
Surely it must be a Cooper S. So a s/c 1.6.

Or your Rallye is that f*cked. Want a race so my diesel can beat it? Tongue
It belongs to Matt, it's bound to be f*cked. Also, he drives like my nan.
(29-04-2016, 06:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]It belongs to Matt, it's bound to be f*cked. Also, he drives like my nan.

lmao
(29-04-2016, 06:23 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]It belongs to Matt, it's bound to be f*cked. Also, he drives like my nan.

Truer story never told

Most power issues on these are related to lambda issues. If you can get PP2000, get it plugged in and see how healthy the lambda is. Or you can do it with a multimeter if you know what you're doing
(29-04-2016, 08:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Arent the new mini 1.6 turbos or is it only the cooper s that is?

Could be worse, could've been a 1.6 diesel one. lol

I think they are tom,  aren't they all turboed? just the maps and spec is different?
The current mini one is a 1.5. Pretty zippy engine in the car tbh, we had a Cooper 1.5 as a loan car, tws fun.
Don't forget, your Rallye only makes power across a narrow band at the top. The 1.6 THP (same engine fitted to 207/208 GTi... 2015+ Mini's use BMW's own 1.5), will make power all across the rev range from as low as 1000 rpm.
Hey! I may drive like your nan but it's not that f*cked now Wink

Also what do I look for using a multi meter? Could be the lambda tbh, it has unknown history to me, came with the cat
PM Orta, he had similar problems
(29-04-2016, 06:11 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]Surely it must be a Cooper S. So a s/c 1.6.

2009 model Cooper S is a 1.6 Turbo, normal Mini 'One' is just an N/A 1.4

(29-04-2016, 07:40 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]Arent the new mini 1.6 turbos or is it only the cooper s that is?

Back in 2009 there was still:

Mini One: 1.4 N/A 94bhp
Mini Cooper: 1.6 N/A 118bhp
Mini Cooper S: 1.6 Turbo 173bhp

(29-04-2016, 08:01 PM)BiG K Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget, your Rallye only makes power across a narrow band at the top. The 1.6 THP (same engine fitted to 207/208 GTi... 2015+ Mini's use BMW's own 1.5), will make power all across the rev range from as low as 1000 rpm.

but it's a 1.4 N/A in the 2009 Mini One, also 2014-> Mini One's use a 1.2 Turbo (102bhp)
I'm not usually one to join in these discussions, I don't want to become one of those competitive guys...but I had a play with a 63 plate Golf GTi and a '59 plate Mini the other day, Mini was in front and moved left to let us pass, easy pass tbh, no idea what engine though! But what surprised me is the Golf couldn't shift me!! I let off at 'some' mph (got caught in the moment, wouldn't recommend it!) and he kept pulling but I honestly didn't think I'd keep up to 70 let alone any further! I then settled to 70 and the Mini eventually came past about 80ish lol.

So yeah, it might be your driving Matt! lol
Pages: 1 2