306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dismantle Wing Mirror
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to completely dismantle a wing mirror? The black plastic parts on mine have started to fade, so i want to spray them... i can get the coloured back plate bit off, but cant get it any more apart than that...
undo form inside the car,take the wing mirro cover off from inside and youll see 3 torx bolts.job done
I've seen some but they are behind the actuall mirror, will I have to remove the mirror glass to find the other torx screws?
No need simply do the 3 on the inside and pull it off that's all there is
No Ben, he means to disassemble the mirror unit itself for spraying.

I assume there'll be bolts behind the glass, or clips or something, ask Gareth7, he's done a few sets now.
I know You need to remove the mirror glass to get to the clips that hold the cover on.
im also interested in this. The mirror caps just clip in with a few clips but i presume to get them off you have to undo them from the inside after removing the glass!

just wrote this before R45 commented...
Well I bought one for £2 from my local pug breakers and he just shoved screw driver in there and hit it and cap popped of with all clips in tact. I wasnt happy with the way he did it but was well impressed he didnt break the clips Big Grin
Easy job mate,
1. as you've already got the cap off look inside at the back side of the glass and you'll see the 2 connections for the heated mirror wiring (if yours are heated)....gently remove both.
2.Next to the connectors mounted on the mirror glass you'll see 2 ends of a thin wire spring clip that holds the mirror onto the motor, unclip these from the plastic tab that hold in place with a small flat screwdriver. The mirror glass will push out from behind.
3. You should now see the motor held in place with 3 torx screws....remove these and unclip the loom from the motor. Be careful with these as sometimes one may shear....don't panic if one does snap, the remaining 2 are will hold the motor in place when you refit everything.
4. You'll also see 2 larger torx screws....remove these.
5. Underneath the mirror is a small plastic cap (near where it joins the triangular section that mounts to the car)...pop this out.
6. Remove the 3 torx screws you can now see....once you've done this you'll see another torx screw, remove this as well.
7. It should now be pretty much apart with the loom threaded through each part.
8. To remove the loom completely ease the metal section out of the mirror, rotate is downwards, then carefully thread the loom back through each part. To remove it from the section that mounts to the car you need to open up the big plug and carefully remove each connector from the plug (make a note of which wire goes into which part of the plug...the plug slots for these are numbered 1-7). There are also 2 red wires and 2 black wires, put some masking tape round one of each so they don't get mixed up.
9. The loom will now thread back out of the mounting plate and you're ready to go.

p.s the mirror cap is the first thing to take off.....they're stubborn and you have to be careful not to break a clip or 2 but once they're off the rest is a doddle.