306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Kolinski - The Supercharged GTi6 Daily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I ended up purchasing this car off Niall a week back. Seems like a genuine car with a ton of paperwork and one of the cleanest 306 interiors I've ever seen.

I've basically just been driving it around, leaving it alone until I broke down on Monday, it wouldn't be a Peugeot if it didn't break down right?

Anyway, turns out the injector o-ring was split and it pissed fuel all over the engine bay claiming the rocker cover paint with it. A fresh new o-ring later and a glug of petrol and she's fresh as a daisy again.

I also hit a pothole and put a bulge in a front tyre which means I need to start deciding which tyre brand I'm going to go with.

The plans for the car are to just continue to do subtle tidy up jobs, give it a good service and probably just leave it alone / drive it as it is.

# Servicing Parts #

- Gulf Competition 5w40.
- Bosch Oil Filter.
- Bosch Fuel Filter.
- Speedo Sensor.
- TIM Oil Pressure Sender.
- Injector O-Rings.

# Outstanding Jobs #

- Replace split crank oil breather pipe.
- Change oil, oil filter and fuel filter.
- Replace broken TIM oil pressure sender.
- Replace intermittent speedo sensor.
- Cut another 1/2" section from bonnet and fit rubber lip where boost pipe fouls.
- Wire up PAS to separate switch/relay as currently wired to radio live.
- Move / mount gauges in nicer position. 
- Purchase and fit boost gauge.
- Replace pink silicone piping.

# Spec List (27/04/2016) #

Engine:
- Omex 600 ECU with modified Omex loom.
- Fully rebuilt XU10J4RS engine (done about 5,000 miles).
- Eaton M45 charger kit.
- Forge intercooler.
- Tial Q wastegate.
- New Nissens radiator.
- Full Longlife exhaust with sports cat.
- BCR7ES Sparks.

Suspension/Handling:
- Bilstein B8 front shocks with Eibach springs.
- Rose jointed drop links.
- “Stef” Rebuilt rear beam (not even done 500 miles).
- Bilstein B4 Rear shocks.
- Speedline Turini 16" wheels.
- Pilot sport 3 tyres on front (no more than 2k).
- Eagle F1 tyres on rear (about 5k left in them).

Brakes:
- Megane RS Brembo brakes (very recently professionally refurbished).
- Brembo pads and 305mm Brembo Discs (front). 
- Braided Lines.
- Rebuilt rear callipers.

Stereo:
- Kenwood Bluetooth IPod head unit.
- Focal Component speakers (front/rear) & Boston Acoustics AMP.
- Extra sound deadening, speaker quality great and road noise is reduced.

Interior:
- TIM Oil pressure gauge.
- Wide band lambda sensor (AFR) gauge.

- RX8 front seats & GTi6 rear seats.
- Blue S16 carpet.
- Purple suede headlining.
- 406 auto dimming rear view mirror.
- USB head unit charger / audio connection.

Misc:
- Electric PAS mounted under the boot floor.
- Cibie Blue masks (complete with box).
- Auto head lights & auto wipers (Bosch flat blades).
- Battery relocated to boot.

# Pictures #

1) Missing bolt on the supercharger...  Rofl
[Image: 7_zpsjoj8wmdd.jpg]

2) The rocker cover after petrol did it's work to it.
[Image: 5_zpssnedp2za.jpg]

3) The culprit injector o ring!
[Image: 6_zpskhozb9n3.jpg]

4) The fleet.
[Image: 4_zpsghprfbzp.jpg]

5) A few snaps the day after picking it up.
[Image: 3_zpsyomxjr4h.jpg]
[Image: 1_zpsud5mjzrc.jpg]
[Image: 2_zpslmugo2hp.jpg]
Another interesting project! Looks good Smile
Decent looking 6 bud just needs your finishing touches to it
Lovely to see it will stay around...coming fcs?
Lovely to see it will stay around...coming fcs?
why is it called kolinski? get track time at fcs! Big Grin
Just a guess... but V708 'KOL' - Kolinski
(27-04-2016, 11:43 AM)Iaitoo Wrote: [ -> ]Another interesting project! Looks good Smile

#BoughtNotBuilt.  Rofl 

(27-04-2016, 01:04 PM)Xsikid Wrote: [ -> ]Decent looking 6 bud just needs your finishing touches to it

Yeah, it'll be sweet when it's all sorted.

(27-04-2016, 01:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely to see it will stay around...coming fcs?

Uhhh, yeah, why not. Not gonna camp this year though, I had the worst nights sleep last year.

(27-04-2016, 03:06 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]why is it called kolinski? get track time at fcs! Big Grin

Dunno, suited the reg "KOL". Na, won't be taking it on track. Sorry dude.
[quote pid='585818' dateline='1461770072']
(27-04-2016, 03:06 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]why is it called kolinski? get track time at fcs! Big Grin

[/quote]

Ah no change there then. 

#stancequeen
(27-04-2016, 03:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='585818' dateline='1461770072']

Ah no change there then. 

#stancequeen
[/quote]

Lol, you really have no clue.  Rofl
(27-04-2016, 03:24 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-04-2016, 03:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='585818' dateline='1461770072']

Ah no change there then. 

#stancequeen

Lol, you really have no clue.  Rofl
[/quote]

perhaps not an avid viewer of the bbc ...
Just keep it out the rocks of the gorge!

wait for the forsale thread as the car now has a marker placed on it
(27-04-2016, 04:14 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]perhaps not an avid viewer of the bbc ...

Haha, clearly!  Rofl  Blush

At drift/track day on Saturday and do most every other month as well as other bits and bobs. ninja  Ragging a 306 around Castle Combe isn't really my thing. I'd rather stick to my drifting days.

(27-04-2016, 05:28 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]Just keep it out the rocks of the gorge!

wait for the forsale thread as the car now has a marker placed on it

I will mate! Don't you worry! I'm not DumDum, give me at least a few months of ownership...!  Sleepy
You've had it a few weeks and already wrecked it. Never had these issues when I had it!

Oh wait, I never drove it Tongue
Look forward to seeing what you do to it in the future and remember I have first dibs when you do sel it Wink
(29-04-2016, 08:29 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]You've had it a few weeks and already wrecked it. Never had these issues when I had it!

Oh wait, I never drove it Tongue
Look forward to seeing what you do to it in the future and remember I have first dibs when you do sel it Wink

Haha, as you can imagine, I drive it daily to work/gym/around and it hasn't had a particularly forgiving start to it's new ownership.  Rofl
So latest news which is kind of old news, the car won't start. It refuses to bump and jump.

I've tried:

- Changing coil packs
- Cleaning all earth points up
- Connecting fresh battery to front of the car (bypassing boot relocation cables)
- Swapping relays over
- Checking fuses within engine bay

Bit lost now, have emailed Omex for support but am very lost with it now.

Here's a vid of it being turned too, cranked, then turned back off for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/b-6WLAV4W-c
Does it have spark? Does it have fuel? One must be missing...
Yeah see above.
KISS
(17-05-2016, 12:19 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Does it have spark? Does it have fuel? One must be missing...

Fuel pumps engaging, exhaust stinks of fuel on crank over, changed an injector o ring recently and was pissing fuel out then.

Tried changing coil pack for another and made no difference. Tried placing a spark plug in the coil pack and earthed the spark directly to the block and cranked, no spark.
So ignition fault.
If not coil, must be the omex not giving signal or not receiving a crank signal
As above sounds like no spark, if changing coil hasnt given you spark, then you either have bad leads, bad grounds, or a dud coil driver in the ecu, unless it uses external ignition drivers? Not familier with omex
Didn't Niall already have an ignition fault fixed on the Omex?

Crank sensor should be fine as it's reading sync on the video.
Hmmm. Has been coil driver issues with omex from memory
I did have a coil driver issue but Omex replaced the drivers under warranty. And it still ran with one driver failed (albeit like a crock of shit). I doubt both have gone at the same time but i could be wrong!
Omex support are very very good. They should help you if it is a ECU problem.
I still think its a supply fault though seeing as the ecu voltage drops to 6v on cranking
bad wiring is my bet. Check the wiring around the main power relay as that is where the power is split for injectors and spark and then trace the wiring from there.
after speaking with niall about this over faceache i believe its the same fault i had on my omex. The whole earthing side failed on mine causing similar issues. Personally id send it up to guy or andrew and get them to test it all youll know for sure then.
Those ECU's seem to be cheese really!
Good job they're cheap! Itwasntme Big Grin
(17-05-2016, 09:14 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Those ECU's seem to be cheese really!

i do agree in one respect but the after sales support is ace unlike others!
God those Omex ECUs seem shit. I suppose with every fault being a common fault at least its easy for people to diagnose for you. Smile
Pages: 1 2