306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Club Improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
After the thread that Eeyore started here, i have taken a bit of time to go through the whole thing and read everyones concerns and suggested improvements. 
Firstly id like to say how impressed i am to see such club spirit going on. Its great to see that a lot of members are genuinely interested in seeing this club thrive and aren't just here to use it for its information only. 
Anyway, off of the back of the thread i have created a list of what you guys and girls have requested;

@ Tag feature (in progress) 
I have found a plugin for this that may work. It will however require a slight bit of fettling and through testing before being installed on the live forum. This is something me and Fooby are working on and expect to see live (if successful) in the next few weeks

weekly Facebook project threads (complete)
The moderator team will be selecting a project thread or thread of interest on a weekly basis to advertise on our Facebook page. If you have a suggestion for a thread, please PM one of the team

Club Magazine feature (in progress)
I will be making contact with PFC in the next few days to try and arrange a club feature. Keep an eye on your inboxes for PM's with regards to this

PSA museum tour (TBA)
This is something i am happy to arrange as a club. Details will be announced in the future if its a possibility. 

Club raffles (TBA)
Our resident begging moderator will be attempting to get more free goods for use in raffles and competitions. This will be an ongoing thing. 

Forum skin (in progress)
We are looking at a few new skins for the forum and will be installing these in the coming weeks for trial. A thread will be listed for you all to decide on the new default theme for the forum. We will try and leave a few themes so you all individually have a choice as to how your forum looks. 

New Mods? (TBA)
This is something i am always open to. If anyone has any interest in becoming part of the team and investing some time in the running of the club, please PM me

Moderator clothing (in progress)
I would like to see the staff in club T shirts at big meets and i know this has been suggested several times. This is something i am looking into over the coming weeks with Eeyore.

Moderator focus on abuse towards new members (ongoing)
I know it was sadly mentioned that a few of the newer members have felt intimidated by our antics on here. From now on, the moderating team will be keeping a closer eye on threads and helping to clear up any unwanted comments but this is also something that each and every one of you need to act on. Try and be more friendly and supportive and remember not everyone understands our banter over the internet Smile

Forum donation button (in progress)
This will be implemented over the next few weeks. In the mean time, any donations to the club are welcome to payments@306oc.co.uk

Clearer traders section (in progress)
This is something i will be implmenting over the next few weeks on the home page. In the mean time, if anyone can think of any companies you think would be good for us as a club to be dealing with, let me know

Spring/summer meet (TBA)
Realistically we are too late on in the year now to arrange this for this year and give enough notice but this is something we will aim to achieve every year from now on alongside the christmas meet

Possible forum game? (TBA)
This has been mentioned by one member. We need to look into the implications of this on our server but it is a possibility which will be acted on in the near future.

New Photo uploader (in progress)
Again, this is something we will look into shortly.

As always, we welcome any criticisms and suggestions here. If you think you have an idea on how to improve the club no matter how small, please comment here or send me a message. All sensible suggestions will be looked into if they are possible. 
This thread is here for you guys to monitor our progress over the coming weeks and months on the above points and will be updated as we go. As always, please don't expect things to happen overnight. Both me and Fooby work full time and we are both in the process currently of moving house (no, we don't live together like a married couple!) so as you can imagine time is limited for the both of us. 
If anyone thinks they can be of any assistance to implement any of the above, please get in touch and remember, its your club. Make the most of it!

Niall
Great post Niall, as I said in the other thread I'm genuinely impressed how the thread seemed to stay almost completely on topic with everyone putting forward valid points and having a decent discussion.

It'll be good to see the forum having some positive changes.

Jordan
This is what makes this club epic. Staff ask for what people want, then act upon it.

Top work mate.

Also feel free to chuck mod status at me. Wink
well covered, if we all do our bit the club will grow . . . Smile
Well done lads Smile
Forum software.

PM message system
(21-04-2016, 11:51 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Forum software.

PM message system

Care to elaborate?
Hard to explain but when typing the cursor will jump back to the beginning of the text box. Only does it on this forum, takes f*cking ages to type. I've mentioned it to Niall in the past.

And having pm messages that come through individually in a conversation is annoying, rather it was a trail. Like over on 205 drivers for example
Have you got a HTC phone?

I used to get that all the time but works fine on the Motorola!
Samsung
Great work team.

Just sad that what I read as Club Rifles was actually club raffles as I think the Rifles may have gotten more use.
(21-04-2016, 11:59 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to explain but when typing the cursor will jump back to the beginning of the text box. Only does it on this forum, takes f*cking ages to type. I've mentioned it to Niall in the past.

And having pm messages that come through individually in a conversation is annoying, rather it was  a trail. Like over on 205 drivers for example

I still get the dissapearing reply button issue...but thats not the forum niall said.

The pm messages come through as a conversation for me.
It just depends who sent the reply if they deleted the previous convo or not.

Speaking of which...reply to my pm!
a good set of points touched upon there ThumbsUp
The reply button might come back if you turn the phone landscape, seems to work for me anyway lol.
...still no track days Popcorn
(21-04-2016, 04:40 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]...still no track days Popcorn

I thought you were sorting those?? Confused
This is perfect! I like the project of the week! That sounds pretty cool Smile

Tbh all the plans sound brilliant and I look forward to the tagging feature @niall Rofl
Ill stop posting up project threads on the 306oc facebook par if project if the week will become a thing. I was picking some of my personal favorites, this seems better. I like the fact things are being implemented prompty as well. Not just talk action. I hope to grow with this club in the futre and enjoy what to come
(21-04-2016, 08:31 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Ill stop posting up project threads on the 306oc facebook par if project if the week will become a thing. I was picking some of my personal favorites, this seems better. I like the fact things are being implemented prompty as well. Not just talk action. I hope to grow with this club in the futre and enjoy what to come

do the same but just post one a week. Well volunteered!
(21-04-2016, 09:12 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-04-2016, 08:31 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Ill stop posting up project threads on the 306oc facebook par if project if the week will become a thing. I was picking some of my personal favorites, this seems better. I like the fact things are being implemented prompty as well. Not just talk action. I hope to grow with this club in the futre and enjoy what to come

do the same but just post one a week. Well volunteered!

Happy to do that to be fair. Nice easy one.
Crack on if you so wish Bash Smile
I've been liking it bash! Saw them the other day and thought it was pretty awesome tbh
Can i suggest you guys delegate some of the work to members? There's a lot there for the staff team to be getting on with and it will probably happen faster and better if it's handed over to a member that wants to do it. No offence to the staff, it's just human nature - if you feel you HAVE to do something the end result will never be as good a result as if you wanted to do it before you were given the job lol. Plus with stuff like competitions there's industry traders that are regular visitors that might donate if it's more visible etc, and people in useful industries that may be able to do something very easily that would be a struggle for most, for example.

Could just put a sticky up in the lounge that's regularly updated with events or whatever that needs organising for people to volunteer.

Edit: Maybe a small separate section in the social area where people can start threads asking for help or advice with stuff they're organising, will make it easier to keep track of, stay on topic and avoid clogging the lounge.
Well ill keep ontop of car of the week. Really not an issue. Say every friday. Its not an issue i enjoy doing little bits. I think poodles rught if you delegate to members that want to get involved it makes your life a bit easier and i daresay most in here enjoy helping
Maybe we need a very simple calendar with events on organised by colour for location (SW, Midlands, London, North, etc)?

Oh wait, we have a calendar.. And can add events.. Hmm..

Can we have a way to disable B'days off the Calendar so it's purely for events/meets?
We have a calendar?
(22-04-2016, 10:28 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]We have a calendar?

WHS.

Never knew that was there.
(26-04-2016, 07:54 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2016, 10:28 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]We have a calendar?

WHS.

Never knew that was there.

If only it had something in it
How about a stickied route finder link with options or suggestionsq of scenic/ spirited route or traffic / roadworks free route?
I would rather see it here than google it!
(26-04-2016, 11:42 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: [ -> ]How about a stickied route finder link with options or suggestionsq of scenic/ spirited route or traffic / roadworks free route?
I would rather see it here than google it!

If you do the 10,000,000 hours of coding required, i'll use it. Big Grin

I had come in here for something useful, but have forgotten because i spotted an opportunity to troll... There's probably a lesson to be learned here, but i'll be damned if i know what it is.
Pages: 1 2