306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fitting a 16v head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was toying with the idea of fitting a 2.2hdi to my ph3 but a few people have said its not worth the hassle so now having the idea of fitting a 16v head has it been done or can it be done?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
2.0 lt bottom end, 2.2 pistons, 16v head then you can use mose of the standard 2.0lt brakets etc. 2.2 pump is an r70 as well. This is all i know never actually done it
Not all 2.2 pumps are r70. You'll need a lot of custom bits to make it work, i can tell you that much. lol Have a look at darrenjlobb's project thread, got an absolute ton of info in there.
2.2 pistons won't fit.

Will need 2.0 16v pistons in the 8v block.

It's not really that much work tbh. But would require full engine build.
(19-04-2016, 05:47 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]2.2 pistons won't fit.

Will need 2.0 16v pistons in the 8v block.

It's not really that much work tbh. But would require full engine build.

My apoligies, i knew something sounded off from that statement, like ive said ive never actaully done it myself so i dont know for sure
Why not fit a 2.2 HDI engine instead?
(22-04-2016, 12:56 PM)pro_steve Wrote: [ -> ]Why not fit a 2.2 HDI engine instead?

How easy is it to do that Steve? All mount in fine then just wiring/ecu trickery?
Because the 2.2 needs a gearbox change, hydro clutch, different mounts and gearlinks.
Huge job tbh.

Plus it is SUPER heavy