306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Diablo D Turbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Had it a while now but haven't made a thread as if I'm honest I planned to keep it completely standard.
Owned a blaze XSi but got shot of it (immobiliser issues, alternator was on it's way out, needed a new battery, insurance was expensive etc):
[Image: IMG_20111001_120637.jpg]

After a couple of days I came across a D Turbo, 147k, 4 months MOT + tax for £400 - full service history and very well looked after:
[Image: sv.png]
[Image: rv.png]

I did want to keep it standard, but within 30 minutes I was at Fozzy's house where I picked up another set of alloys (mostly for the better tread - a bridge until I found cyclones).
Fitted the ph3 bumper + new wheels but no fogs (yet):
[Image: IMG_0314.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0305.jpg]

Also sorted hockey stick as it was bugging me not being there.

I went about a month without wanting to do anything else.. last week my wheel fell off leaving me needing new discs/pads/wheel bearing : (
[Image: IMG00499-20120502-1353.jpg]

I've been a bit short on funds to pour into things that don't really need doing, but I'm picking up these next week:
[Image: Photo0224.jpg]

Plans:
-30mm drop (done, but ended up being ~50mm)
- bosch conversion if i can find one
- source replacement O/S wing as mine bent in the accident (done)
- new exhaust, not sure how long this will actually stay on for looking at it
- ph3 side strips or paint existing strips + clear repeaters (done)
- crystals! (done)
- cyclones (done)
- half leather gti interior (done)
- upgrade audio system (done)
- stage one tune (done)
- wishbones/balljoints/drop links/bushes/TREs/discs/pads/wheel bearings (done)

eventually i'll go power hunting but for now i would prefer to sort how it looks - that's just me though.
Ok, i'll be the one to ask; how did your wheel fall off..? :|
Poodle Wrote:Ok, i'll be the one to ask; how did your wheel fall off..? :|

As far as I can work out somebody must have tried to take them? There's no other reason for all 4 bolts to come loose after weeks of being fine.
Do you notch them up couple days after fitting?
Yep, I had done 100miles after changing then again 2 weeks later
Just very unlucky then?

Bets it's shit scarey?
Myself and Kim are down in the Bognor area fairly regularly, you might see us there one day! There are a lot of southern members about actually from you all the way down to Bournemouth, you should try to come down to a meet some time
looks in good condition! bad luck about the wheel!
Scott Wrote:Myself and Kim are down in the Bognor area fairly regularly, you might see us there one day! There are a lot of southern members about actually from you all the way down to Bournemouth, you should try to come down to a meet some time

I'll try and keep an eye out for you - there's a lot of 306's in the bognor area. Most of them are just family cars, but there's a modded blaze turbo in the felpham area, and a really nice looking china blue 6 I keep seeing about lately too.
I'd love to go to a meet but I don't have much to show :p
Been to visit Fozzy today to pick up the foglights - awful drive home with what I think is a very dead wishbone making some horrible noises.. the car is falling apart very quickly : [
We drive past that blaze one in Felpham, I actually thought it was a 6? Or maybe it's a different one...

No worries about not having anything to show. If we're in the area and meeting up with people then we'll give you a shout, we're a friendly bunch Smile
Nice, been there myself, not fun. :?

Come on to some meets fella, you can be safe in the knowledge you will always outclass my sheds. Wink
Scott Wrote:We drive past that blaze one in Felpham, I actually thought it was a 6? Or maybe it's a different one...

No worries about not having anything to show. If we're in the area and meeting up with people then we'll give you a shout, we're a friendly bunch Smile

there's 2, one is on the main road near the vets and I think its a 1.4 or a very slow 6 driver - there's a 3dr blaze in flansham park area that must be a dturbo as it pours out black smoke on acceleration!
next time you are down ill come out for a play
Scott Wrote:, we're a friendly bunch Smile

Except for Connor. He's a sex offender.
vlj Wrote:
Scott Wrote:We drive past that blaze one in Felpham, I actually thought it was a 6? Or maybe it's a different one...

there's 2, one is on the main road near the vets and I think its a 1.4 or a very slow 6 driver - there's a 3dr blaze in flansham park area that must be a dturbo as it pours out black smoke on acceleration!
next time you are down ill come out for a play

Soon! My grandparents live in Felpham and my Unlce in Selsey, so we head down whenever we can Smile The blaze we see is on the A259 as you come up to the new Tesco Express, on the left hand side Smile
Kimmie Wrote:Soon! My grandparents live in Felpham and my Unlce in Selsey, so we head down whenever we can Smile The blaze we see is on the A259 as you come up to the new Tesco Express, on the left hand side Smile

Yeah I know the one you mean Smile there's several left turnings on that stretch of road which take you into flansham housing estate, in the main road that goes through that there's a blaze turbo too. i saw the really really nice china 6 again today, i want to know who it is!

i'm off to go fit my new fog lights and splitter which i've had for months now, will get pictures up if it goes well (unlikely)
Looks tidy mate, good starting point for a project Big Grin
Well, I got the fog lights in after a lot of shouting and swearing. I should have listened to Fozzy about how to take the bumper on (he put it on for me). I couldn't get it off so I gave up and used a lot of pushing/pulling to get them in.
They went in eventually and I checked they worked before fixing in (which they did thank god).
I had a problem with the bottom mount as the screw I had wouldn't go into it so I drilled straight through the mount and got the screw into it with force, then just used a washer out the other side to keep it tight.

[Image: IMG00503-20120512-1812.jpg]

After all that and finishing up - the fogs wouldn't turn on. Still - better than a blank space:

[Image: IMG00504-20120512-1858.jpg]

My hockey sticks aren't sitting straight after the wheel falling off (the OS wing is pretty bent so its dislodged everything).

This was a fantastic half hour for me, so of course I rewarded myself with a Chinese!

[Image: IMG00505-20120512-1906.jpg]

Next up is Cyclones and hopefully booking in with KrisB for lowering! This will probably be quite a slow moving project
The non working fogs are a mot failer Tongue Rallye blanks ftw
puglove Wrote:The non working fogs are a mot failer Tongue Rallye blanks ftw

They were fine before I mounted it all in! Ill take them out again on Monday and have another go, if its not the fuse or something.. Its already going to fail on the crack in the windscreen directly inline with my eyes
Just been to pick up some Cyclones from Fozzy, will get pictures tomorrow!
Ide fit them before rebalancing them, as they may be balanced i forgot to mention this. I only sold as not balanced as im unsure if they are.

Awaits pictures......
[Image: IMG00516-20120519-1445.jpg] and my poor bent front wing Sad
[Image: IMG00515-20120519-1445.jpg]
[Image: IMG00513-20120519-1439.jpg]

Also fairly sure the hub shouldn't be in this state? [Image: IMG00518-20120519-1522.jpg]

And my sheered bolt Sad [Image: IMG00517-20120519-1508.jpg]

[Image: IMG00522-20120520-0728.jpg]
That's just a dust cover for the hub nut, you can pick them up fairly cheaply Smile
Ah ok, thought it might be something worse! I'm mechanically retarded as Fozzy will vouch for.
Some more pictures! It's starting to shape together now and I'm actually liking it.
[Image: IMG00519-20120519-1635.jpg]
[Image: IMG00520-20120519-1826.jpg]
[Image: IMG00521-20120519-1845.jpg]
Another diablo dturbo! Big Grin

Also get that badge sprayed black ninja
and its not lowered just like yours dec! Tongue
We need a pic!
declantg Wrote:We need a pic!

yo dec. you checked out dat ass in one of the photos above? Confusedhock:
Upon scrolling up i realized..... lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5