306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Looking for hoses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for hoses for the engine bay of the Rallye. Preferably a red kit of some description 

Basically I'll be getting an oil catch can so will need hoses for that, so thought I'd do the same for the rest. 

Will also need the hose from fpr to manifold

Also looking to fit some braided fuel line to the fuel rail, how do I go about that? 

Want to make the engine look nice Smile

Tia
Silicone hoses can be got from most place's, Fuel line don;t bother unless your going to use PTFE lined pipe, no one can make rubber type hoses that last longer than a couple of years now and with the braid over the top you cannot see it failing
Surely you'd know if the fuel pipe failed as it would leak?

And as for hoses, do I need any special material? Or just silicone?
Baker bm do full hose kits.
I think what miles is trying to say is that you can see a rubber line perish where as if its got graid over the top you won't know until it does leak.
and what he also said is rubber aftermarket stuff is wank these days, so either 100% factory, or nylon/ptfe braided is the only solution.
I found some nylon/ptfe stuff at a decent price, what size is the fuel likes too the fuel rail, 8mm and 10mm?

And I'll take a look at the bakerbm stuff cheers sam
(06-04-2016, 10:19 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Surely you'd know if the fuel pipe failed as it would leak?

The problem is by the time it's leaking it's potentially too late - a leak on the high pressure feed line will spray fuel all over the place with a very real risk of a fire. Without the over-braid, you can normally see the hose beginning to perish and crack a while before it actually leaks.

Of course, it would be even better if modern fuel hose wasn't complete garbage, but it is, so being able to check it and replace before it fails is the next best thing.
Yeah I've revised the way in which I'm going. Going to go with some ptfe lined stuff, is £15 for 25cm looks good too.

Just need to know the size of pipe I'd need if anyone happens to know the internal size of the pipe? So I don't have to go pull it off.

Also the line going from fpr to manifold, does that have to be any special type of silicone?

Just found this, is this it? Can't find the link from what I found before

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272088579349
Be careful with PTFE lined hose as it doesn't give so us had to get a seal on the pipes and fuel rail
easy with the right fittings.
(10-04-2016, 02:50 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]easy with the right fittings.

It is yes but most people don't use any fittings
not with ptfe.
BBM don;t do any hoses for a 306, as much as I hate to say it spox does some but the main killer are the heater matrix ones due to the fittings, Nothing wrong with the OE ones, Fuel line as said and use the - fittings, not cheap and you will need to find someone to weld the fittings onto the fuel rail or you could end up with a fire
I think I might stick with the standard oem fuel hose. Have no one to make up the welds for the correct fittings at s decent price.

I just want my engine bay too look more appealing
(10-04-2016, 10:27 PM)miles Wrote: [ -> ]BBM don;t do any hoses for a 306, as much as I hate to say it spox does some but the main killer are the heater matrix ones due to the fittings, Nothing wrong with the OE ones, Fuel line as said and use the - fittings, not cheap and you will need to find someone to weld the fittings onto the fuel rail or you could end up with a fire

http://www.bakerbm.com/306.php

They were also selling oil breather hose kits at pugfest last year.
It's a shame that's all the do. I was looking for an oil breather kit as mine has split
Contact them, they were selling oil breather kits at Pugfest last year. Maybe they have some left.
Just purchased a white spoox oil kit. Should look the balls. Seems the baker are cheaper but only do standard colours. Boring!
How is the rest of your bay going matt?
Only thing I've done is polish the manifold and clean the bay. I still need to get hold of a second set cam covers to polish.
Started attacking the chassis legs with Hamerite this week as they are quite rusty once that's done it shouldn't look to bad.

Will be putting braided fuel lines on, need to get hose to replace the fpr to manifold hose
Have a look at Cully's thread for fuel fittings etc. He had some fittings welded onto the end of the fuel rail. Looks properly tidy.