306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Any one want to buy my broken pump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So most of you know about my issues with my bosch conversion

When i spoke to kris he said the pump could be buggered and refered me to darren or ruan.

They mentioned it could be the vane pump inside that could need replacing.

I spoke to the guy i bought it off a week ago (it was through facebook) and asked if he could give me some of my money back for the pump.

Hes now blocked and deleated me from facebook and im now left with a pump that doesnt work very well and out of pocket £70

Any ideas what i should do?

A non working pump wont sell as you can pick up a working one for £40!

On a scale of 1-10 how easy is it to repair a pump?

Edit: The sensible thing it seems is to brake it.

let me know what bits you want!

Jenkosowls - Cold idle spring
How did you pay for it?? if it was through paypal just open a claim, if you paid by gift on paypal then your a fool,

As far as repairing the current one goes and going of your attempts to fit it I would say for you to repair it on a scale of 1 - 10 it would be around 42.............. lmao seriously though I would look into just getting another pump TBH unless someone nice had the time to repair your current one for you but to do that you would need a working pump for parts anyway (see where this is going) so it would make more sense to just fit it to the car TBH Smile
i've got a working one on it now and the car runs fine! i just want to sell it and get some money back!
Sell it on here/ebay as spares. Probably worth £20 to somebody who wants it for odd bits/internals etc Smile

Theres no point flucking around trying to fix it imo. Even if you do manage to source a new vane pump/whatever is broken, once its all back together you cant test its working so its still got to be sold as potentially faulty. Cut your losses and forget about it imo.

Edit, unless you paid through paypal as Mark said, then just open a dispute and you will get the money back.
Dan! Wrote:Probably worth £20 to somebody who wants it for odd bits/internals etc Smile

Wait until someone inevitably cocks up a gov mod... Then pounce!! ninja
ahh buggery! turns out i cant claim through pay pal. says it wasnt for a service so i must have selected gift :oops:
Il have the cold idle spring pleaseeeeeeeee
ok ill get onto braking the pump down this weekend.

Ill make a list of bits people want.
Ben Jay Wrote:ahh buggery! turns out i cant claim through pay pal. says it wasnt for a service so i must have selected gift :oops:

Should have been goods unless you were paying for sex or similar Tongue

If your daft enough to pay someone you dont know and have never met via gift then you get no sympathy!
mark_airey Wrote:
Ben Jay Wrote:ahh buggery! turns out i cant claim through pay pal. says it wasnt for a service so i must have selected gift :oops:

Should have been goods unless you were paying for sex or similar Tongue

Could have paid for a cheeky reach around as well :character-yoshi:
Nah just a blow job! didnt think to ask for the reach around!
What price you want for the spring posted? Bearing in mind it's a little spring but I need it!
Jenkosowls Wrote:What price you want for the spring posted? Bearing in mind it's a little spring but I need it!

no idea yet. let me get it apart and see what happens.

@Mods. let me know if this should be moved to the parts section and ill make a clean thread with a list of what people need.
Well it's the hit/cold idle spring that remains attached when you split the pump till you take it off it's lever
let me get some pictures up this weekend then you can point out where it is.
Name/email of seller?
lee curvis look him up on facebook. hes from swansea.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:ccshepherd2k4@yahoo.co.uk">ccshepherd2k4@yahoo.co.uk</a><!-- e --> this e-mail address
Connor Wrote:Name/email of seller?

Connor Walsh's Assassin Services Ltd.
Toby Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Name/email of seller?

Connor Walsh's Assassin Services Ltd.

lmao he's safe in swansea connors to tight to pay to go over the bridge!

ninja
how comes you needed it connor?
Rather not buy off him lol thats why
You payed 70 quid for it knowing you could get them for 40?
4WayDiablo Wrote:You payed 70 quid for it knowing you could get them for 40?

it came with lines and injectors. plus it meant getting it from a scrappy and i didnt have time.
Like I said its well worth fixing, but time you pay for seal kit / someone to do it for you itl cost nearly what the pump cost you, so even if you sold it on, you wouldnt make naff all....

Either sell it to someone like me for 15-20 quid, try to repair it yourself, or break / give it away....
darrenjlobb Wrote:Like I said its well worth fixing, but time you pay for seal kit / someone to do it for you itl cost nearly what the pump cost you, so even if you sold it on, you wouldnt make naff all....

Either sell it to someone like me for 15-20 quid, try to repair it yourself, or break / give it away....

yeah going to break it down for parts as it seems the best bet.
Break it yourself and sell what parts you can, you'll learn so much about it by just stripping it down!
just strip it down and repair it, could be as easy as a sticky vane and if you cant fix it sell the parts, but i cant see you making much back from it in bits
Try and rebuild it..at the end of the day it has to be apart to sell in bits anyway so mayaswell take it apart and if you think you can sort it, then buy a seal kit and carry on?
I wont be able to test it once its been taken apart and rebuilt though
Pages: 1 2