306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Weird noise when on idle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I have a clicking noise when my car is on idle , it can be heard from the drivers side front wheel area but not from under the bonnet which leaves me to believe it's either something to do with a crank pulley it possible alternator  , don't suppose anyone has any tips of even had this problem 

That's ms Alex
Have a look on youtube for videos of crank pulleys going, you'll know it when you hear it. Or take a video with the driver's wheel off and post it here so we can see the pulley running.
I've just found a strange clicking on mine same place. Narrowed it down to power steering bearings. Found it by tipping water over each one in turn and it stopped when I watered the pump. Came back after a few seconds but at least I know what it is now. Just put some thick oil on it for now it's stopped but I'll need a new one soon.
Just looked on YouTube but the crank pulley videos sound totally different but will get a video when I can and upload it